Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

BPM has to support more current Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop versions for script replay.

BPM has to support more current Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop versions for script replay.

According to latest APM 9.50 System_Requirements doc, the BPM 9.50 supports the following Citrix version in order to replay Citrix scripts on the BPM. --------------- BPM/VuGen - Citrix Compatibility Matrix LoadRunner 12.55 / BPM 9.50 (Citrix ICA with Receiver for Windows) Supported Client Version | Supported Server 12.x |Citrix XenApp 5.5, 5.6, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5 13.x |Citrix XenDesktop 7.0 14.x |Citrix XenDesktop 7.5 14.1.200 | Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 ----------- So the latest supported releases are XenApp 7.5 / XenDesktop 7.6, released more than 4 years ago. Obviously official support for more current version is urgently needed. The most current version in XenDesktop Version 7.18 - released June, 2018,
5 Comments
Regular Contributor.. Roberto_Brusa Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Moreover, Vugen recording (I'm using latest 12.62) DOES NOT WORK with Citrix Workspace app: no events, button press, etc. are recorded.

Currently, to record a script, I'm stuck to Vugen 12.62 with Citrix Receiver 14.12

Regular Contributor..

Correction: even Citrix Receiver 14.12 is not working

Currently, to record a script, I'm stuck to Vugen 12.62 with Citrix Receiver 14.3

Regular Contributor..

I use both Vugen 12.60 and 12.62: is it normal that to RECORD a Citrix script the latest working Citrix client is Citrix Receiver 14.3.0.5014?

I tested Citrix Receiver 14.12.0.18020 and even the last Citrix Workspace app (18.12.0.12): they both work in REPLAYING, but not in recording.
Trying to record a script results in button in Citrix recording window are not pressed, events are not generated, and no effect is produced: it's like you have a 'freezed' Citrix window after Citrix application is launched

You can simulate this in your lab.

Citrix Receiver 14.3.0.5014 has been released more than 4 years ago: is this a Compatibility issue?

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Under Consideration

We plan to update to a  newer version of LoadRunner / Vugen later this year.

Regular Contributor..

Thanks @BernhardKappler for the feedback.

For the record: Citrix just released Workspace App 19.03.x

https://www.citrix.de/downloads/workspace-app/

Regards,

R

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.