Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION

BSM Downtime CIs sorted

BSM Downtime CIs sorted

We generate a bunch of downtimes for numerous systems and what we need is for the "Selected CIs" list in the downtime module not to become scrabbled after saving the downtime.  Currently what happens is that we enter the CIs in alpha-numerica order into the "Selected CIs" list in the dowtime module, we then save the downtime and the CIs then become scrambled.  We want the CIs to stay sorted in the order that we first place them.  We do not want them to become scrambled. 

7 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: New Idea

Hi, which product are you referring to here? BSM Or OBM?

Thanks & Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Jacks Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

BSM Info.jpgBSM Info

BSM

Jacks Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi Mgoyal,  I'm sorry for the late response.  Thank you again for looking at this.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

BSM1.jpg

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Thanks for submitting the idea. Storing the CIs in the order added is not possible for technical reasons. However, we could show the CIs in alphabetical order (this would not be configurable). Would this match your use case as well?

From our customer: "I’m not clear on what the difference is from “showing” to “storing” so it may be semantics.  What I need, as explained in the forum, is that when we pull up the completed downtime that the CI are “shown/stored” in SORTED order, not scrambled as they are now.  Once again I cannot respond to the forum since Microfocus changed my user name and I no longer have access to reply.  Here’s another picture to help understand it"

C1.png

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.