Click a tool to run it without being prompted again in a popup

Click a tool to run it without being prompted again in a popup

When you click on a Tool to run, a popup window appears and you have to click "Run" to run it.  This is two clicks to run a tool.

Request to solve via two complementary approaches:

1. If you click a Tool to run it, then it should run if there are no other options needed (ie, no "Next" button that could prompt for other settings).
A similar behavior is already possible with Actions, where there is a one-time Confirmation pop-up that says "Start action xxx?" with a "Don't show this dialog again." check box.

2. Regardless of whether there are optional "Next" options, allow to double-click on the Tool in the Action Panel to indicate to run it without a popup.  A single-click would still behave as it does currently.

Tags (2)
5 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Me-too, see also "Option to display tool execution result directly for non-interactive tools" (1644882)

New Member.. koloss
New Member..

I  think that we should not invoke a tool on just a select action (a single click). In my opinion this is conceptually incorrect, this is not a menu where selecting a menu item launches an action. With tools it should be always a double-click. If tool does not require options, double-click will just run a tool without dialog pop-up, if options are needed, it will launch dialog first.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

While voting, please also mention the preferred approach.

Honored Contributor.. Richard Snader Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

I whole heartedly agree Carol!  And I would offer that anything that can be done anywhere in the UI to reduce Admin clicks and movements to improve operator efficency should be considered! 

eddytjhai
Member.

this is very useful feature if available, please provide option to enable or disable tools preview. most of time the preview is slowdown the operations activities.

some tools require preview but in real world only output need preview.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.