Closed events browser in new HTML5 event browser

Closed events browser in new HTML5 event browser

Historical (closed) event browser is an old OM/OMi feature that has disappeared in new HTML5 browser. It is still available at current "classic" event browser in OMi 10.6x.

This enhancement request is to develop HTML5 event browser to have that formerly feature available again in the new technlogy browser.

8 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Aaron Laing Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

We haven't moved to 10.6x yet, but if the HTML5 event browser doesn't support viewing Closed events, that's a huge problem!

Outstanding Contributor.. Shawn Tripet Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

I would never upgrade to 10.6x if the end users cannot see the Closed Events!  I cannot believe this is not included in the new OMi.  Why is that.  What was the reason for thinking we do not need to see historical Events?  Bad idea to not have this feature.  What?  I still cannot believe this is even true!

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Well, Shawn, it's not exactly like that. You can see closed events in OMi 10.6x.

In OMi 10.6x you still can use current event browser (Java?) and can see closed events there. But OMi 10.63 provides also the new HTML5 event browser and this new browser don't have all the features yet. Closed events is one of those "lost" features in HTML5 browser. I'm asking to R&D to provide that feature as soon as they can, as it is needed to use a full HTML5 UI with all current features.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

You can still see the closed events in the older Flex based implementation. With OBM 10.6.x there are no more Java applets, except for the RTSM administration pages.

The closed events in the HTML browser are not lost - they are just not there yet.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks Carsten.

You provided the right explanation. I didn't find the right words, sorry 😉

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Respected Contributor.. lecklesd Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Our customer needs to see this work in 10.7. The sooner the better.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.