Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.

Describe more information about all the error messages in any installation/operation manuals

Idea ID 1789718

Re: Describe more information about all the error messages in any installation/operation manuals - Status changed to: New Idea

One of my FlexCare customers (NTT Data) said to us at a QTR on April 25 2019,

"This is our general request. Please describe more information in any installation/operation manuals. Especially the meanings of all error messages and how to avoid them.  If they had been described, we would not have submitted most cases about error messages.

7 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: New Idea

Hi,

Thanks for submitting the idea. In general, it is not feasible to meet this requirement as there are many error messages and a lot of it is generated by the underlying components in use. However, we agree that the error logging should be improved with only necessary error logging and better error text.

Let us know if you have some specific components in mind that you would like this to be supported for.

Thanks & Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello Mgoyal

Thank you for your reply. 

How many error messages do the installation/operation manuals have?

Anyway, I think R&D Development Team should describe them for their NEW manuals at first.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, Sorry but your questions are not clear. Its not about manuals but about product components and capabilities.

Thanks & Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

Hello Mgoyal

Thank you for your reply. 

I mean some customers require us to update the manuals for current supported versions, but we have no way that customers request that, so I had to submit this request here.

Anyway, even if you still have many error messages, the error messages for unreproducible issues will be the 1st priority because usually Support can't find any similar issues in our past cases and can't reproduce them at MF, so Support will have to ask customers to get all the needed data when the issues happen again. We'll reduce this kind of cases whose DTR are so long and which need any help from CPE.

P.S.

Does Development Team consider any abnormal customers' environments like occupied CPUs, crowded networks or the shortage of memories/storages on designing  products ?  The reason why I ask you is I believe unreproducible issues are cuased at abnormal customers' environments. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

In OpsB product documents also, there are troubleshooting sections which describe some the issue scenarios along with possible resolution guidance. Some examples:

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Bridge_Manager:2018.11/OMi/UserGuide/PD/Troubleshooting

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Bridge_Manager:2018.11/OMi/AdminGuide/Troubleshooting/troubleshoot

At this stage, we do not have any plans to change the existing product documentation. However, we can consider the request for better logging and guidance in the future capabilities being developed.

Thanks & Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.