Extend the OBM self monitoring package to support CDF-based OBM

Extend the OBM self monitoring package to support CDF-based OBM

Hi,

The currently available OBM self-monitoring packages are updated every once in a while to support latest releases and add more functionality. But all of them bear a restriction of coverage:

The Release Notes state:

Note: This content pack is not supported in an Operations Bridge Suite container deployment.

Most of my customers are still on "classic" implementations, so this is not a big limitation to them, yet. But on the way to enterprise readiness and "feature parity" between the editions I would like the coverage of this advanced self-monitoring package to be extended to CDF-based installations as well.

Furthermore I would like it to include monitoring of the CDF itself, as this is now an essential component for the stability of an OBM installation. At the moment the Docker MP is not an alternative or even an option, as the current(?) CDF runs on Docker 1.13.1 and the MP would support up to 1.12.1 only. And what about Kubernetes and the other subcomponents of the CDF?

I would like the OBM self-monitoring package to ensure the proper operation of the entire OBM stack on top of the OS, regardless of "classic" installation or "container-based"?

Best regards,

Lars Droege
Senior Consultant
IT unlimited AG

Tags (2)
4 Comments
Member.. HermannK
Member..

Besides the self monitoring functionality I´d also like to see much more documentation and guidelines around the CDF framework. As MF insists on its own kubernetes framework and doesn´t allow the container deployment in a native cloud environment, there should be more support around that.

rkanojia Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.
A compete self-monitoring of CDF is definitely required. I would suggest a good troubleshoot documentation for CDF as today most of the support cases end up with MF development team.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hi,

We are looking into it, evaluating what needs to be done and how. At this point, not able to put a timeline but once we have the concrete plan in place, this idea will be updated.

Thanks & Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.