Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Improve OBM/OMi Downtime management : Add more flexible options

Improve OBM/OMi Downtime management : Add more flexible options

Currently OBM/OMi downtime management is purely depend on CI's or Views and users have to select each CI type for which they assume events will be related to it. I have seen many customers they do batch wise patching list for servers, and they do it every weekend. And they have to create view in RTSM before they can select the same CI's in downtime management. I am talking about 100's of servers patching during the weekend.

1)  Add option to upload CSV file of node names or even a wild card option.

2)  Add option to define downtime for Node groups.

3)  Add option to define downtime with Event attributes ( Assignment groups, Category, custom attributes ).

I know this is achievable much easier in Event suppression rules. But this wont be recorded as downtimes.

On top of this, We need an outage/downtime dashboard , Something similar to the one in NNMi so that everyone can see what changes are happening on their environment. This will help other teams to be prepared for the downtime as every one can see it in the big screen.

Many times we have seen that team will add the downtime and no one is aware of it even though we have option for notification.

2 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Hi @Mohd_25 ,

Thanks for submitting the idea. We are looking into Downtime Management as an overall capability to improve various things. However, I would like to suggest you to please vote on currently open ideas in this area and keep only specific additional enhancements. This will help us to track what we are implenting. Also, it gives more clarity to other when they vote for it.

one item in your list is:

Add option to define downtime for Node groups.- this is already possible as you can define downtime on ci collection (node group equivalent CI type), did i misunderstand the ask?

Thanks & Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

We have custom JSP solution where it queries node in RTSM and display list of available nodes, multiple nodes can selected and placed under downtime or wild card can  be used. It should be included as part of product. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.