Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Include closed events when using event filter in Dashboards or in general

Include closed events when using event filter in Dashboards or in general

I have created a dashboard in which i need to show all events for application "App1" no matter closed or active which has arrived in last one month.

I am able to create such an event filter where i can select both life cycle state (active and closed) but i see the event in dashboard only if it is active.

I expect to see a checkbox button where user can say if one want to see both active and closed events for this particular event filter. something similar is already available for closed events "When the Include active events check box is selected, the active events are also filtered along with the closed events."

If you need more details let me know.

.M.

3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Hi @M_P_S ,

Thanks for submitting the idea. This sounds more like a reporting use case and while i understand the use of it in event based dashboard like monitoring dashboard or for event filter preview (raised in another idea), I dont see a real use case of it in other places like EPI scripts, which work on active open events. Would you agree to that?

Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

M_P_S Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

It may sound reporting use case but it is not. we have started with automation and long term goal is to automate everything. events arriving out of business hours will go through automation we have in place and it will set result in custom attributes.

Next day when Engineers are back to business are interested in all the events which were raised/fixed/failed etc. and therefore we need to show them events which are even closed.

I don't see a real use case of it in other places like EPI scripts, which work on active open events.

>>>> You are right that EPI scripts works on active events but seeing them in preview is still valid case. otherwise one need to repoen the event or generate a event using SendEvent.bat (time consuming + lot of effort). a real event is better to test such filter specially in production environment.

M_P_S Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Btw now we have requirement where TBA needs to execute (Alerting script) on closed events as well. a node was in downtime for maintenance purpose. during this time there was a hardware failure. an event arrived but landed directly into closed message browser and no one knew about it until it crashed.

So requirement is to send alert/notification for all hardware event regardless of node status.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.