OBM have the ability to modify multiple events at same time as in OML

OBM have the ability to modify multiple events at same time as in OML

0 Votes

Our Operational people use the ability in OML to highlight multiple events in OML browser, then can modify a CMA or other attribute to update all events to the same value. 

IE we have a CMA called NOC notes.  They may enter something like  05/15/19 15:00 Irwin did troubleshooting and found this server is under maintenance until 05/16/19 08:00.    (This may not be best example how they use it).  If they highlight 10 events, add that to the CMA, all 10 events are updated.  They do not want to do 1 event at the same time with same info. 

6 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Already Offered

With the new  HTML Event Browser it is already possbile to update multiple events at the same time. The operations include  Add/update CA,  Add Annotation, Update LifeCycle State/Priority/Severity, Assign Event.

Established Member.. DavidGA
Established Member..

Can you please explain how to do?  I have been unable to find documentation on this or ability to do so.   To do a single event, I can go to event details, change a CA.  I don't find how to do this feature on multiple events.

Much appreciated. 

Established Member..

FYI we are version 2018.11 on Linux.

Established Member..

I have found where I can select multiple events and add an annotation.   But not select multiple events and modify a CA (Custom attribute)

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

It is not possible with the standard Event Browser that is included in e.g. in the Event Perspective. However if you create a new Workspace page, you can add the "HTML Event Browser" component. There you can select multiple events and create a custom attribute for all of them (see screenshot).

HTMLEventBrowser.PNG

Established Member..

Great...thank you much.  Works fine.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.