Restructure the OBM documentation: Hide basic info

Idea ID 2822086

Restructure the OBM documentation: Hide basic info

Hi,

I consider the online OBM documentation to be good and comprehensive. One thing that annoys me a lot, however, is how hard it sometimes is to find the interesting and slightly more advanced topics amongst all the repetetive descriptions of basic tasks.

Example: When entering the help section from a policy editor, one always have to scroll past long descriptions on policy basics, regarding how to create a new policy in the GUI etc. I have seen the same in other areas too.

I certainly do not suggest that you remove such info. from the help, as it is very relevant for people who are new to OBM. I DO suggest, however, that you restructure the online documentation so that all such basic and repetitive info is hidden behind links instead. In my example above, I consider that the initial text should just state "Create a new blah blah type policy". That text should then even contain a link to a description of all the basics regarding how to create a policy from the GUI. 

I assume you get the picture, and I kindly request Micro Focus to consider updating the OBM online documentation structure according to my suggestion.

BR,
Frank Mortensen
Managon AB

Tags (1)
2 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the suggestion. The best way to submit documentation feedback is to use 'send feedback' link in the online documentation itself.

Thanks & Regards,

Mamta

Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi Mamta,

Thanks for changing the state of my suggestion. Thanks also for your tip! It is a bit hard to gather votes for my suggestion through that channel, however 🙂

Cheers,
Frank

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.