Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.

Show login progress indicator and user feedback in OBR 1031+

Show login progress indicator and user feedback in OBR 1031+

Brief Description
When logging in to OBA Admin UI, there is no feedback nor work-in-progress indication to the user at all:
- Login with a valid user + invalid password ==> no feedback that it failed
- Login with a invalid user + any password ==> no feedback that it failed
- Login with a valid user + valid password ==> no feedback that it OBR is actually working on the login (until it succeeds which may take some time)
Therefore please bring back the login feedback and work-in-progress indication (as it was in previous versions of OBR)

Benefits / Value
This idea / fix-request is benefitial because:
- to improve Bad user experience, as this is anoying everytime a user logs in to OBR.
- Industry standards is to provide such login-indication and failed login-feedback. (other MF tools and earlier versions did this)
- In large OBR environments, even a successful attempt take long time. So it is important to understand if the system is still working or if it was a failed attempt

Design Details
- Bring back the login feedback and work-in-progress indication (as it was in previous versions of OBR)

Tags (3)
7 Comments
Visitor.. MaheshKadlag
Visitor..

Valid idea. This is a must feature that should be available

Astrid
New Member.

For sure this is necessary

I am astonished that I have to vote for it

I regard this non existing functionality as a bug rather than a new feature

Valued Contributor.. inder1986 Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Something which is need to have. Will be looking forward for this improvement in next patch release.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Dear Submitter,

This sounds more like a defect, did you raise a support case?

Thanks & Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
yes, we did have a Support and CPE case for this. (I can provide case numbers separately). I agree, I really sounds like a defect, however the outcome of the case was explicitly to use Idea-Exchange instead. Please ensure this is now added to the appropriate queue for a future fix.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Ok, thanks. will ask the reporting team to take a look into it.

Thanks & Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.