Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
OpenView_Mike Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

After Server Reboot OBR Vertica DB, Business Objects and SIA

Jump to solution

So, it seems that it's a known issue, but when the Vertica DB server is shutdown and/or restarted, it gets placed into a bad state. To solve this, I restored to the last known epoch in adminTools on the remote Linux Vertica DB machine, and restarted the server itself.

However, there are plenty more issues with the OBR APP/BO Windows 2012 R2 server. I can no longer log into the OBR Admin UI, the CMC, and so forth. I get the following error, which upon research, is infamous for Business Objects:

"Could not reach CMS 'hostname:6400'. specify the correct hostname and port and check for network issues ( FWM 20030 ) "

In the CCM, BW Publisher Service and the SIA (OBR) are both stopped and will not be started. Going to the Configuration Tab of the SIA service results in "failed to receive cluster name from the database. Reason: Unable to connect to the CMS system database "DSN." Sure enough, in the ODBC on the OBR APP server, [Test Connection] fails. The SIA is dependent on the SQL Anywhere for SAP Business Intelligence Service, which will not start. If I attempt to start it, I get an error almost immediately, indicating "Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified." Yes, the db12srv.exe is exactly where the service points, and even ImagePath in the registry is accurate.

The Windows Event Logs, OBR logs and SIA logs contain no information of value.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

~ Mike

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.

Re: After Server Reboot OBR Vertica DB, Business Objects and SIA

Jump to solution

To answer both of your questions, SIA never got to a state of running. Something became corrupted.

Anyway, now the point is moot. As I said earlier, I attempted a repair of SIA, Business Objects and OBR itself, and none of these steps got the system in a good state, so I've already started re-installation, which seems to be the "fix" for this issue.

Very disappointing.

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.. NitinV Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

Could not reach CMS 'hostname:6400'. specify the correct hostname and port and check for network issues ( FWM 20030 )

I also came across this, but during the installation of SAP BO 4.1.

This error comes when Business Object has not been installed properly. In my case, it was the SIA.exe was not getting generated after installation in process. So it was the server intelligence server which was not getting installed.

My observation it was the reason of not provinding complex password during installation. SAP BO 4.1 accepts the complex password. Please fulfill the password complexity requirement during re-installation. I think it should work.

Regards,

Nitin Vashisth

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

I actually attempted a repair of Business Objects yesterday, but ironically, it attempted to connect to the CMC on port 6400, which is the entire issue in the first place. I think I've encountered a viscious cycle. It actually was going to allow me to proceed, but I did not want to pull the trigger until talking to support.

However, to be frank, I am about a millisecond away from re-installing OBR and BO on the OBR APP server anyway, so I might as well try it. 😉

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
krishna_rao Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

From the message, i have observed that Vertica and BO servers is not able to run after server restart.

please note that we have already published hotfix on top of 10.00 on vertica server restart issue after reboot the server.

and Regarding BO, you are not able to up sql anywhere consequently BO servers are not able to up . as per your messages you have already tried to restart sql anywhere and not able to start. can you follow below steps and see whether we can make sqlanywhere up or not

1.All the sqlanywhere db files(BI4_CMS.db and log) present under the sqlanywhere/database folder of BO installation directory
2.Stop CCM and start only sqlanywhere service(in the properties of sqlanywhere service, check the path it is connection to).  If this is not starting
3.Directly start dbsrv12.exe, I hope this should start the service
4.If it starts, stop the service from the system tray, again start the service of sqlanywhere from services.msc

please let me know your findings for the same.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks for responding so quickly.
I was not made aware of any hot fix. Where can I download this hot-fix?
I am aware of why it will not start, due to the dependencies amongst the services.
When I attempt to manually start the SQL Anywhere for Business Intelligence Windows Service from services.msc, it immediately fails, giving me an error saying that it cannot find the file specified, which is dbsrv12.exe, FYI.
Yes, the DB and LOG files mentioned are in the database folder.
Both services are stopped in CCM, and I have exited CCM.
The good news is that dbsrv12.exe does manually start. I can see it running via Task Manager. However, I cannot start any of the stopped services after that. I am getting the exact same errors.
Also, FYI, when I started dbsrv12.exe, I only filled in the Database field. What should be put in the Server Name, Cache Size (kept at the default of 2M currently) and Options? I see the -hv in the Windows Service definition. Should I put that in Options?

===============================================================================================
@krishna_rao wrote:

Hi,

From the message, i have observed that Vertica and BO servers is not able to run after server restart.

please note that we have already published hotfix on top of 10.00 on vertica server restart issue after reboot the server.

and Regarding BO, you are not able to up sql anywhere consequently BO servers are not able to up . as per your messages you have already tried to restart sql anywhere and not able to start. can you follow below steps and see whether we can make sqlanywhere up or not

1.All the sqlanywhere db files(BI4_CMS.db and log) present under the sqlanywhere/database folder of BO installation directory
2.Stop CCM and start only sqlanywhere service(in the properties of sqlanywhere service, check the path it is connection to).  If this is not starting
3.Directly start dbsrv12.exe, I hope this should start the service
4.If it starts, stop the service from the system tray, again start the service of sqlanywhere from services.msc

please let me know your findings for the same.

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

UPDATE:

The repair never finishes. It just gets to the end of the process and gets stuck on "Waiting for the Central Management Server (CMS) to Start" and stalls out.

In the Windows Event Log:

Central Management Server started

CMS is unstable and will shut down immediately. Reason: SAP BusinessObjects BI platform CMS: Unable to connect to the CMS system database "BI4_CMS_DSN". Reason: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Database server not found (FWB 00087)

The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: SAP BusinessObjects BI platform CMS: Unable to connect to the CMS system database "BI4_CMS_DSN". Reason: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Database server not foundSAP BusinessObjects BI platform CMS: Unable to connect to the CMS system database "BI4_CMS_DSN". Reason: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Database server not found CDatabase::Open failure.
).

Central Management Server stopped

Other than re-installing the OBR application and Business Objects, any ideas? 😉

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
Absent Member.. NitinV Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

The question wich matter right now is,  Can you see any sia.exe process running in your task manager. If not then product is not installed properly. You should go for the installation. If yes, then are some troubleshooting steps has been given over SAP BO website, where the issue can be related to .Net framwork.

Let me know whethere sia.exe is running in your task manager.

Regards,

Nitin

0 Likes
krishna_rao Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Mike

you can get the hotfix download from crypt site,(but you need to have hp passport to acces it) https://patch-central.corp.hp.com/crypt-web/protected/viewProduct.do?productid=crypt%3Aservice_health_reporter%3A

and regarding SIA not able to start,

i want to verify few more things, Since you said you are able to start the sqlanywhere server using dbsrv12.exe, now please do following way of starting the service and see whether you are able to loging or not.

1) go to <install drive>:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\sqlanywhere\BIN64 double click on dbrsrv12

provide the database name <install drive>::\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\sqlanywhere\database\BI4_CMS.db

and the Servername is BI4  and click on OK. if this works, you may see dbsrv12 process running in the system tray

2) now open CCM, right click properties on OBR SIA and go to dependency tab and remove sqlanywhere service

3) Now start SIA
4) Verify whether you are able to login to admin ui and launchpad and cmc.

if this method is working, we will recreate sqlanywhere service and check whether we are able to start or not.

please find the attached screen shots as well.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

To answer both of your questions, SIA never got to a state of running. Something became corrupted.

Anyway, now the point is moot. As I said earlier, I attempted a repair of SIA, Business Objects and OBR itself, and none of these steps got the system in a good state, so I've already started re-installation, which seems to be the "fix" for this issue.

Very disappointing.

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.