Highlighted
Absent Member.. MilanJ Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Content development - unable to create BO universe in CDE on Windows7 (BUILD FAILED, java error)

Hi,

I have the problem to compile application component in CDE on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. The "ant" command returns this java error with "BUILD FAILED". I tried to run "ant -d -v" to get more insight what can be the problem:

ant -d -v
Apache Ant version 1.6.5 compiled on June 2 2005
Apache Ant version 1.6.5 compiled on June 2 2005
Buildfile: build.xml
Detected Java version: 1.5 in: C:\Java\jre7
Detected OS: Windows 7
parsing buildfile C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\workspace\PATest\PATestReport.ap\build.xml with URI = file:///C:/HPE/OBR/CDE/workspace/PATest/PATes
tReport.ap/build.xml
Project base dir set to: C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\workspace\PATest\PATestReport.ap
[property] Loading Environment env.
Override ignored for property cp.cde.home.dir
Build sequence for target(s) `build_PATestReport' is [clean_PATestReport, generateArtifacts_PATestReport, copy_PATestReport, cr_remo
ver, build_PATestReport]
Complete build sequence is [clean_PATestReport, generateArtifacts_PATestReport, copy_PATestReport, cr_remover, build_PATestReport, g
enerateStageRuleTemplate, generateStageInterface, createManifestTemplate, updateUniverse, generateABCStreams, ]

clean_PATestReport:

generateArtifacts_PATestReport:
[java] Executing 'C:\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe' with arguments:
[java] '-Dbusinessobjects.connectivity.directory=C:\Program'
[java] 'Files'
[java] '(x86)\SAP\BusinessObjects\SAP'
[java] 'BusinessObjects'
[java] 'Enterprise'
[java] 'XI'
[java] '4.0/dataAccess/connectionServer'
[java] '-Dcde.home=C:\HPE\OBR\CDE'
[java] '-Djava.library.path=C:\HPE\OBR\CDE/bin'
[java] '-classpath'
[java] 'C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\lib\xercesImpl.jar;C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\lib\OVoracle.jar;C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\lib\OvBbc.jar;C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\lib\OvBbc
Ssl.jar;C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\lib\OvJCoda.jar;C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\lib\OvSecCore.jar;C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\lib\activation.jar;C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\lib\activem
##### 190 lines removed here #####
tefrs.jar;C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\lib\BOLib\verifyrights.jar;C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\lib\BOLib\webreporting-jsf.jar;C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\lib\BOLib\webreport
ing.jar;C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\lib\BOLib\wi_srvadmin.jar;C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\lib\BOLib\wilog.jar;C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\lib\BOLib\wstk_java.jar;C:\HPE\OB
R\CDE\lib\BOLib\xcelsius.jar'
[java] 'com.hp.bto.shr.cde.manifestcompiler.ManifestProcessor'
[java] '-package'
[java] 'PATest'
[java] '-subpackage'
[java] 'PATestReport'
[java] '-type'
[java] 'application'
[java]
[java] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
[java] not part of the command.
[java] Error: Could not find or load main class Files

BUILD FAILED
C:\HPE\OBR\CDE\workspace\PATest\PATestReport.ap\build.xml:37: Java returned: 1
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.execute(Java.java:87)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:275)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:364)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:341)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:369)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1216)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1185)
at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:40)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1068)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:668)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:187)
at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:246)
at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:67)

Total time: 1 second

###

From java parameters above you can see ant is generating huge string for '-classpath' parametr. In my case more 20500 characters!!! I tried to run java command directly (not via ant) and it looks there is a limit in the length of the string for command on Windows. Based on reading of https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/830473 it seems to be max 8191 chars on Windows7. Such limitation is the most probably the source of the problem in the ant.

The workarround in my case was to install CDE on linux, copy the content of application folder from my content pack and run the same ant command. It worked and universe was created. The documentation (OBR content development guide v 10.01) is written the way it's guiding the user to generate application content on windows - see page 33, chapter "Creating and Installing the Application Component Package"., so depending on your install paths of BO client and CDE you can face the same.

The best possible workarround should be using folder names in java classpatch parameter and not the list of all jar files. Another recomendation should be to install BO client and CDE in "short" directory path.

I hope, it can be usefull for the others and it would be nice if somebody else will try the same.

Regards,

Milan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.