Absent Member.. sunilts Absent Member..
Absent Member..

DLC in 9.31 is not working as expected

Jump to solution

Dear Experts,

I am using SHR 9.31 version and working on to delete the CI using the DLC. I have followed the deletion procedure using both the Guide and Using blog from Live network.

I am not able see any errors in log also.

Is there ay fix for this.?

Thanks

Sunil Suresh

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DLC in 9.31 is not working as expected

Jump to solution

Hi Sunil,

Probably best that you raise a support case and supply the dlc.log, text file and the exact command line that you used.

We can take a look to see what might be going on.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes
10 Replies
YogeshDeshpande
New Member.

Jump to solution
Hello Sunil,

Please ensure that you have stopped HP_PMDB_Platform_Timer service before using the utility.

Secondly, Can you please let me know what mode where you using DLC for? To delete duplicates or to delete older CIs and on which table? Also ensure that you are running the utility with commit mode.

Thanks
Yogesh

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Yogesh,

Yes i have stopped the services and i know with out ABC job complettion i wont be able perfom the DLC activiites.

Yes i have used the commit mode to delete the CI. I wont delete the older CI and CI'S which i dont for reporting which not present in my SM_PA topology.

Thanks,

Sunil 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
I want delete the CI'S which are not present in SM_PA topology.
0 Likes
balu_ramananda Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Do try to generate a list of CIs that will be deleted for your criteria - this can be done using one of the cmd line options to the tool.

I suspect this list mght be empty which would point to an incorrect criteria.

regards

Balu

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Let me brife you all experts about what i have done ,

I have downloaded the CI details and removed CI for which i need reporting and kept the CI details in text file for which i dont need the reports.

After executing the command "Dimensionmanager -inactive_dim_delete -caption K_CI_SYSTEM -file <File path and name> -mode commit " it executed with error. so as per the input if all the data are fetched correctly then the CI's Listed in the file was suppose to remove.  But this didn't happened and the case also raised against to it still no solution suggested for it.

Is there any other things we need to follow apart from mentioned in guide or is this bug or is there any issue for it.

Thanks,

Sunil suresh

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Check the log (%PMDB_HOME%\log\dlc.log) for errors. There is currently one known issue where if the number of CIs is too great then an error ensues and you can reduce the number of CIs in the file to process.

Try reducing the list to just a few CIs at first (< 10) and retry.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Chris,

There is no error in DLC logs and also my txt file contains only one CI and i was testing will it work. If it works thougth i can go with more CI entries. 

What could be the issue.?

Thanks,

Sunil Suresh

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Sunil,

Please be aware that the DLC tool will not remove the entries that you see in the Admin GUI under Collection Configuration -> HP Operations agent - it removes data only from the Sybase IQ database, so dimension and fact data.

Is it the GUI you are still seeing the data in?

Currently deletion of nodes this way is not available but you can disable collection for the nodes concerned.

Thanks

Chris (HP)

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Chris,

The nodes seen under Collection configuration is deleted using postgressdatabase. i want delete the nodes which are not under collection configuration and dont required in sysbase database any more.

Thanks,

Sunil Suresh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Sunil,

Probably best that you raise a support case and supply the dlc.log, text file and the exact command line that you used.

We can take a look to see what might be going on.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.