Trusted Contributor.. Mitisha Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Directory Permission check failed while installing OBR

Jump to solution

Hi all,

while installing HP-OBR it shows me error that Directory permission failed: "you must provide 'rwxrwxr-x' permission to OBR install directory and top level root directory of Installer media bits must have 'rwxrwxrwx' permission. *IMP* : Installer media bits cannot be in '/opt' directory."

one or more above checks failed.

even i checked all these things its all correct .PFA

please help me where i am lacking... i am new in this.

Capture3.PNGCapture.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Respected Contributor.. Chris_A Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Directory Permission check failed while installing OBR

Jump to solution

During our install we found that the installer removes and recreated the /optHP/BSM directory and then checks the permissions.  Since the directory isn't created with the right permissions this way, it failes the check.  

After the check is failed, open a second terminal window and set the permissions to the desired 755 (chmod 755 /opt/HP/BSM).  Return to the first window and repeat the check.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Manjunath_J Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Mitisha,

As per your screenshoot you may have to give the full permission to the packages folder as well and try to install the OBR.

The command is chmod 777 -R packages or chmod 755 -R packages.

Kindly let me know if anything required.

Regards,

Pranav R N

0 Likes
krishna_rao Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

HI

As mentioned by Pranav, please provide permission of RWX to the software download folder, in your case it is /media.

provide as  chmod -R 777 /media.

secondly since the product installation is not yet started, if any sub  folders in /opt/HP  delete it those and start the installation again in new session.

Thank you

Regards,

krishna Rao

0 Likes
Highlighted
Dennis Handly Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

>The command is chmod 777 -R packages or chmod 755 -R packages.

I would never use either chmod numeric form with -R.

Instead use the symbolic form: chmod a+r -R.

And then you shouldn't be adding "x" to ordinary files but only to directories:

find /path -type d -exec chmod a+x {} +

Respected Contributor.. Chris_A Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

During our install we found that the installer removes and recreated the /optHP/BSM directory and then checks the permissions.  Since the directory isn't created with the right permissions this way, it failes the check.  

After the check is failed, open a second terminal window and set the permissions to the desired 755 (chmod 755 /opt/HP/BSM).  Return to the first window and repeat the check.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.