Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
HemantVaswani Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Microsoft (c) Windows Installer Engine 2.0

Hi,

Reference to the attached screen shot, please suggest way forward to the installation.

I just initiated the installation of HP SHR 9.30 on MS Win 2k8 R2 Ent. 64Bit and encountered the attached error.

on selecting Yes, it seemd installation has gone into the loop, however it gave option to quit the installation. i presumed since my host did not have the internet connection, it might be trying to download the required component.

however, on downloading the the Microsoft (c) Windows Installer Engine 4.5 from microsoft portal, it was found incompatible for the above mentioned server OS. ver 2.0 for MS Win 2k8 R2 Ent. 64Bit  was not found on micorosft portal.

kindly advice for the way forward

Thanks and Regards

Hemant Vaswani

0 Likes
3 Replies
Established Member.. Phil Hale
Established Member..

Re: Microsoft (c) Windows Installer Engine 2.0

Win2008 R2  should come with Windows Installer 5.  What is your version?

0 Likes
HemantVaswani Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

While i check the details mentioned above, I will come back to you with details.

Could you please tell if this file can be downloaded seperately. 

I am unable to understand why the message of Ver.2 is popping up.

Thanks and regards

Hemant Vaswani

0 Likes
Established Member.. Phil Hale
Established Member..

The installer is not available as a standalone download. I would look to this MSDN for causes and options, since this is really a Windows issue:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/c3f91eac-d880-41fa-b86d-5568d4ead02f/how-to-download-windows-installer-50-

The fourth post looks especailly helpful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.