Absent Member.. RyanSch Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Monitoring Solution hosted on Azure

Hello,

Does anyone have a point of view for setting up the following system monitoring components on Azure IaaS VMs:

1) OMi (GW, DPS, DB, OMi connectors)

2) HP OneView

3) SiteScope

We are looking to design a solution that does not intoduce a circular dependency while at the same time not incur capital expeditures like new racks, blades, cooling, storage, networking.  If this can all be hosted and supported in Azure IaaS it will suite our needs nicley.

Any information on this would be helpful.

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
OpenView_Mike Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Monitoring Solution hosted on Azure

I just sent you a private message about this, as yes, I've had significant success in this area.

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.

QUESTION:

Can you give me some insight, either in this thread or via PM, as to the environment to be monitored/managed? Meaning, number of managed servers, routers, switches, etc. and technical requirements?

Thanks,

~ Mike

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Absent Member.. RyanSch Absent Member..
Absent Member..

looking to gain some insight if it's possible to host the products in Azure IaaS as I have not seen much documentation around monitoring your on premisis infrastructure fabric (physical layer and virtualization layer) from the cloud.  Where can I place the datacollectors? do they have to reside on-premesis due to the chatty nature of polling data.  We are not looking to hire consultants in this area.  So if you can provide any breadcrumbs it would be appreciated.   Thanks

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

I need to know more about your infrastructure before I can say that hosting the HP tools in Azure IaaS makes sense for you. In general, if your environment is large, the answer is going to be no. I need to know how many datacenters, servers, routers and switches you have across the board. A ballpark number would be fine. In general, collectors for tools like BSM/OMi and SHR/OBR are used in larger environments with an enterprise that crosses several geological areas, to take the load off of the main APP servers, regarding data acquisiton and processing. The same could be said about ArcSight and the use of SmartConnectors.

If your environment is too large for IaaS-based monitoring solutions, then MaaS/SaaS is an option. Companies like mine specialize in such a service delivery model, FYI.

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
Tags (2)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.