Manjunath_J Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Not able to fetch Cloud Optimizer reports in OBR

Hi Experts,

I have successfully installed OBR 10.30 on Linux platform i.e Typical installation. After that i have integrate OBR with RTSM and created management,Event databases to get the System performence, and events related reports and all the reports were coming properly.

But after that i have installed the Cloud Optimizer content pack( CO is integrated with OMi) and have performed all the configuration  steps which is provided in the OBR-CO integration guide, but still iam not able to fetch the reports. In the reports the error is "No data to retrive".

Kindly help me how to resolve the issue.

OBR: 10.30

CO: 3.02

OMi: 10.63

Regards,

Pranav R N

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Not able to fetch Cloud Optimizer reports in OBR

Hello Pranav R N,

There are a number of things that come into play with this integration.

I'm assuming that the data is there within CO.

Have you confirmed that the CO Integration Adapter for OBR is configured properly and that CSV files are being generated?

If the CSV files are being generated, then are they being transferred from the /var/opt/OV/tmp location on the CO server to the OBR server within the Collect folder?  The /opt/HP/BSM/PMDB/log/vPVCollector/vPVCollector.log file would be key in determining if this process is successful or not.

If the CSV files are being generated and transferred successfully to OBR, then there may be other issues with the processing of the data.

There are a few other items that I would also suggest.

First is that I would suggest upgrading to CO 3.03 or CO 3.04 if possible.

Second, there is a hotfix available for the OMi Management Pack for CO version 1.26 that are specific for OBR.  This makes some modifications to the vpv_infrastructure view.  This is one of the views used when collecting the Topology information from OMi.  I would suggest opening a support case to obtain this hotfix (CO_OMI_1.26_HF_4).

I hope that this information is helpful.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
Micro Focus SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/
Tags (4)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.