Highlighted
OpenView_Mike Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

OBR: Win AD Authentication Issue

Jump to solution

I used the new PDF for OBR, regarding Win AD authentication setup, which worked in one environment but not another.

Weirdly, after following the process, I can log into CMC and the BI Report Portal with Win AD creds. However, I cannot get into the Admin UI with either Enterprise or Win AD creds.

I am seeing this error in the Admin UI:

Account information not recognized: The Active Directory Authentication plugin could not authenticate at this time. Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact your technical support department. (FWM 00005)

I see this error in the OBR bsmfrontend.log:

2016-05-24 09:55:03,862  WARN, ?.? , Authentication Failed for class :com.hp.bto.bsmr.security.auth.BOAuthenticator So continuing with next authentication

I need to get into the Admin UI to do some troubleshooting and want to avoid unwinding the AD authentication steps.

Any ideas? Thanks!

~ Mike

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.

Re: OBR: Win AD Authentication Issue

Jump to solution

This problem has been solved. There was a typo in one of the Kerberos config files.

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
1 Reply
Trusted Contributor.

Re: OBR: Win AD Authentication Issue

Jump to solution

This problem has been solved. There was a typo in one of the Kerberos config files.

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.