Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Contributor.. JulianCarlucci Contributor..
Contributor..

SHR 9.40 integration with vPV 2.20 (RTSM Topology)

Hello All,

Currently at my customer we are trying to use vPV as a collection source for SHR 9.40 and have followed the documentation for the vPV content pack from HPLN attached. In the document it says to deploy the views SM_VMware and SM_VMware_BusinessView to the RTSM.

Unfortunately, it seems like the SM_VMware view is missing from "%PMDB_HOME%\packages\SystemManagement\ETL_SystemManagement_

PA.ap\source\cmdb_views" so we cannot deploy this in our RTSM.

At first I thought maybe SHR doesn't use this view anymore, but I can see within the vPV ETL that it makes calls to that view.

Is this a known Defect? can I just take that view from a 9.3 SHR and put it in my RTSM or is it a bigger difference that I am not seeing?

P.S. -  I am asking because I have the vPV monitored nodes in my RTSM, however, SHR cant seem to pull the topology for the Virtualized reports.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SHR 9.40 integration with vPV 2.20 (RTSM Topology)

Hi,

My guess is that the SM_VMWare view is indeed no longer required in SHR 9.40.

As the vPV content pack is a contributed solution your question is best posted in the HPLN forum for a definitive answer, perhaps the author needs to update the solution for 9.40.

However, I have attached the 9.30 zip in case it's of use, I guess there's no reason why you can't deploy it/add it to the 9.40 zip file.

Cheers

Chris

Highlighted
Contributor.. JulianCarlucci Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: SHR 9.40 integration with vPV 2.20 (RTSM Topology)

Thanks Chris!

Per your advice I moved my question to the HPLN - SHR General Discussion Forum: 

https://hpln.hp.com/content/shr-940-integration-vpv-220-rtsm-topology

With an update.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.