Highlighted
OpenView_Mike Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

SHR: Custom Report Creation Options

The BIAR from HPLN that can be imported, as per the one and only how-to video I found online does not include a Systems Management report that will allow me to choose a list of 100-200 servers and show 10-15 OVPA/CODA metrics on them that are available via OVPM graphing. Any ideas or direction, besides pointing me to CDE?

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
Tags (4)
0 Likes
12 Replies
krishna_rao Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: SHR: Custom Report Creation Options

Hi Mike,

Regarding OVPM  graphing metrics to be included in SHR, getting schema and metrics collection/loading needs to be done via CDE generated artifacts only.  or else with the existing content packs artifacts, you can modify and use for these new metrics.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Resource Utilization - Trend is the report I want to edit, to avoid using CDE, which I think is unweildy at best.

When I click on the Edit button in the menu of the report, in the upper-right hand side, I get the following error:

An error has occurred: No ReportEngine instance exists for the token.

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Mike,

This error is again because of Webiintelligence processer is down/running/failed state.

Before editing the report, is the required metrics and data are there in the database? if yes you can edit the report without CDE.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Before starting this post, I checked the status of all of the BO servers in CMC and they are all running and enabled.

Could this be a scenario where I need to create an additional WEBI server as per the Troubleshooting Guide, to help handle the load?

All of the required metrics are definitely in the DB. We are talking about the CODA/OVPM/hpsensor core metrics, like Disk Utilization, CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, etc.

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

in the resource utilization report, i think we have already these cpu,memory,disk utilization metrics are already there.

creation of additional webi server won't help if issue comes only for one report. probably it is crossing 2 GB heap size while refreshing this report.  is this server crashing is only for this report or other reports as well.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Yes, the metrics are already in the DB. However, if I cannot get them out, they are pretty much useless. 😉

WEBI services are enabled and running.

Which log would show OutOfMemory errors, and how do I increase the WEBI heap?

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

hi Mike,

i hope you know how to bring new metrics in the Business objects universe and add it into report. just in case if you don't have BO documentation, i have attached here.(rename .jpg to .pdf)

For out of memory errors, you can verify in the Business object installation location "logging" folder

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for the documentation. I really appreciate it.

I am quite familiar with the logging directory. However, if I find java OutofMemory errors there, how do I increase heap, or are we talking about the BO WebServer settings, which I am more than familiar with, regarding upping memory?

Update:

I did find the following error:

<ERROR COMPONENT="WIS" ERRORCODE="30285" ERRORTYPE="USER" MESSAGE="The Web Intelligence server is running out of memory, your document has been closed. If the problem persists, contact your BusinessObjects administrator. (Error: ERR_WIS_30285)" PREFIX="ERR">
<DEBUGINFO BORESULT="5" FILENAME="kdgWICDZ_i_private.cpp" LINEPOSITION="3927" MODULENAME="WICDZServer"/>
<REQUESTINFO COMMANDID="" COMMANDNAME="" DPID="" DPLONGNAME="" DPNAME=""/>
<REASON>
<CONTENT>
</CONTENT>
</REASON>
</ERROR>
</ERRORS>
[kdgWICDZProc.cpp;740]
kdgWICDZProc.cpp:740:void __thiscall WICDZProcBasic::generateResult(class OBFixSeq<unsigned char> *&,const char *,const char *,const char *,const unsigned char *,const unsigned char *,class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > *,int,bool &,bool): TraceLog message 4609
2016/05/31 19:33:49.105|>>|E| |42420|24704| |||||||||||||||**ERROR:WICDZ_i:Error stream : <ERRORS>
<ERROR COMPONENT="WIS" ERRORCODE="10008" ERRORTYPE="SUPERVISOR" LENGTH="10" MESSAGE="Unrecognized Object Key &apos;DP0.DOd9e&apos; in Tokenized expression at position 19. (WIS 10008)" POSITION="19" PREFIX="ERR">
<DEBUGINFO/>
<REQUESTINFO/>
<REASON MODULE="C3QE">
<CONTENT>
</CONTENT>
</REASON>
</ERROR>
</ERRORS>

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

i am talking about report out of memory issues. if you have faced report outof memory which is a cap of 1.6 GB for only perticular report, we can increase upto 2 GB in the webintelligence processing server properties in CMC/servers.if the error is coming for every report, you can create another new webintelligence processing server.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

I am getting errors like the following all of the time. See below from the logs.

<ERROR COMPONENT="WIS" ERRORCODE="30285" ERRORTYPE="USER" MESSAGE="The Web Intelligence server is running out of memory, your document has been closed. If the problem persists, contact your BusinessObjects administrator. (Error: ERR_WIS_30285)" PREFIX="ERR">
<DEBUGINFO BORESULT="5" FILENAME="kdgWICDZ_i_private.cpp" LINEPOSITION="3927" MODULENAME="WICDZServer"/>
<REQUESTINFO COMMANDID="" COMMANDNAME="" DPID="" DPLONGNAME="" DPNAME=""/>
<REASON>
<CONTENT>
</CONTENT>
</REASON>
</ERROR>
</ERRORS>
[kdgWICDZProc.cpp;740]
kdgWICDZProc.cpp:740:void __thiscall WICDZProcBasic::generateResult(class OBFixSeq<unsigned char> *&,const char *,const char *,const char *,const unsigned char *,const unsigned char *,class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > *,int,bool &,bool): TraceLog message 4609
2016/05/31 19:33:49.105|>>|E| |42420|24704| |||||||||||||||**ERROR:WICDZ_i:Error stream : <ERRORS>
<ERROR COMPONENT="WIS" ERRORCODE="10008" ERRORTYPE="SUPERVISOR" LENGTH="10" MESSAGE="Unrecognized Object Key &apos;DP0.DOd9e&apos; in Tokenized expression at position 19. (WIS 10008)" POSITION="19" PREFIX="ERR">
<DEBUGINFO/>
<REQUESTINFO/>
<REASON MODULE="C3QE">
<CONTENT>
</CONTENT>
</REASON>
</ERROR>
</ERRORS>

Regarding upping the limit from 1.6 GB to 2.0 GB, are you referencing this parameter:

Memory Maximum Threshold (MB)

???

Is this in the SHR/OBR Troubleshooting Guide? If it is not, it certainly should be.

Also...

When I went into the CMC, I saw a red flag in the Stale column for the WEBI server.

In what log would I see this, as monitoring should be put into place via OM, OMi, SiteScope, etc. to monitor for these memory errors, BO Servers being in a stale state and so forth?

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Yes , this is the parameter for increase memory.. Memory Maximum Threshold (MB)

but it should be less than 2 GB.

stale flag means something is modified and you need to restart the WEBI server.

put monitor on /opt/HP/BSM/BOE4/sap_bobj/serverpids for server to be up and running

/var/log/messages for any central management server failures messages

logging/ folder

Regards,

krishna Rao

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.