Highlighted
OpenView_Mike Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

SHR: Failed to Reconcile APM Data

SHR is using HP BSM as a topology source.

Connections and collections are taking place.

However, none of the OMi reports or the Business Service Management Reports for Health and BPM/RUM are populating.

I checked the %PMDB_HOME%/stage directory and the failed to reconcile folder is filled with files with RUM and BPM in the name, and the logs indicate something like the following in reconcileStep.log:

Reconciliation for type [Components] and category [BPM] for [5] files in failed_to_reconcile completed with [0] passed rows and [2373866] failed rows of 2373866

None of the Views are custom, FYI. All Views are out of the box.

topologycollector.log:

INFO, com.hp.bto.bsmr.collection.collector.CMDBCollector.save , Collection successful for all [83] configured views from host [FQDN of BSM Server] and type [CMDB]

The transform_cache folder is filled with files, including one that is over 4 GB, AGENTLESS_0_CPU_0_TRANSFORM_CACHE.cache.

Any clues as to what will get the OMi and APM/BSM reports populated?

Thanks,

~ Mike

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
Tags (6)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. cahlmx Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: SHR: Failed to Reconcile APM Data

Hello, Mike. I hope you are doing well.

When looking for information on regards this issue, I found out that there is a case already open with HP Software Support. Case number is 4652526520 and is already being handled by CPE.

In such circumstances, the recommendation for you is to continue working with the CPE for they are our most qualified personnel and they are already looking into your case. What I can do for you by now is to let the case owner know about your concerns in order to expedite for a solution.

Regards, Luis.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

It would defeat the purpose of this forum. Nothing against HP Technical Support; however, I've found solutions to issues just as oftencoming from my peers in forums like this, as I do from support. The logic of "there is a case already open about this, so no feedback is necessary" is not logical. Also, as you may already know, the HP R&D lab is overwhelmed with cases currently, so I cannot just sit on my hands waiting for them to get back to me. In fact, while waiting for their input, I've solved 2 out of 3 of my open issues by myself. Thoughts on that, Luis?

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

You have mentioned that "SHR is using HP BSM as a topology source." Is this indeed BSM 9x or is it OMi10?

If it is OMi10, could you please verify that you have topology integrations set up between APM and OMi10 and that you have deployed EUM_OMi view (shipped with SHR). The EUM_OMi view is expected to have required application, node CIs that have been synchronized from BSM topology into OMi10.

If on the contrary, the SHR topology source configured is indeed BSM9x (and not OMi10), I'm afraid it seems like you have installed incorrect ETL packages - it should rather have been RealUsrTrans_ETL_RUM that should have been installed (instead of RealUsrTrans_ETL_RUM_OMi).

Thanks & Regards,

Vineetha

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

I was hoping you would reply, given the expertise that you've shown in other threads. The original topology source for SHR was OMi 10, which I recently changed to BSM 9, so I will remove the OMi CPs in SHR and redeploy the BSM related CPs. That might just solve it ~ I forgot about the CP change. Thanks so much!

UPDATED:

Also, one other quick question. None of my NPS reports are populating either. I've established a direct Generic DB connection to NPS for Network Reports and have this CP installed currently:

NetworkPerf_ETL_PerfiSPI_RTSM

Should this be changed to the Non_RTSM CP? I am thinking so.

Thanks,

~ Mike

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.