Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

SHR/OBR: IM and Collection Windows Services Will Not Start

I am on a lab box running SHR 9.41, all components on a single server. The drive that the Sybase DB resides in ran out of space. After allocating more space and rebooting the VM, the IM and Collection Windows services will not start. Here are the errors in the logs:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.hp.bto.bsmr.im.auditcollector.CollectionAudit.<clinit>(CollectionAudit.java:24)
at com.hp.bto.bsmr.im.auditcollector.IMExtractAuditCollector.<init>(IMExtractAuditCollector.java:10)
at com.hp.bto.bsmr.im.collector.CollectorFactory.getCollector(CollectorFactory.java:101)
at com.hp.bto.bsmr.im.collector.IMCollectorClient.registerCollector(IMCollectorClient.java:71)
at com.hp.bto.bsmr.im.collector.mbean.Collector.start(Collector.java:43)
at com.hp.bto.bsmr.im.collector.IMCollMgr.startCollectors(IMCollMgr.java:96)
at com.hp.bto.bsmr.im.collector.IMCollMgr.registerCollector(IMCollMgr.java:81)
at com.hp.bto.bsmr.im.collector.IMCollMgr.main(IMCollMgr.java:38)
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "60my"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:492)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:527)
at com.hp.bto.shr.utils.collection.remotepoller.RemotePollerConstants.<clinit>(RemotePollerConstants.java:243)
... 8 more

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.hp.bto.bsmr.collection.CollectionManager.<clinit>(CollectionManager.java:120)
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "60my"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:492)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:527)
at com.hp.bto.bsmr.collection.utils.PMDBCollectionConstants.<clinit>(PMDBCollectionConstants.java:295)
... 1 more

I cannot execute a repair on SHR as it looks for the 9.40 packages and the 9.41 patch is installed. Running a repair on the patch in add/remove programs does nothing. No screen comes up, no command window launched, nothing. Reinstalling the 9.41 patch also did nothing, as I assume that the install script checks versions of components installed, it saw everything was current, and did nothing.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Thanks,

~ Mike

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
Tags (4)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.