Admiral
Admiral

APM-OBM integration: no events received in OBM

We have integrated APM 9.50 with OBM 10.70. Topology synchronization is working fine, we can see APM data in the OBM dashboard and the status of the synced CIs is being updated, but configuring alerts on EUM and activating the "generate event" option (as suggested in the integration documentation) doesn't seem to send events to OBM (or at least they don't show up in the message console).

Is there any extra required step? Or any specific log where we could try find why it's not working?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

please can you advise how you enabled the ssl handshake between OBM and BSM gateway server?

run test is not working in the APM2OBM server i created at OBM connected servers.

it gives:

BBC ping server.company.com failed.

couldnot establish a valid ssl connection

please advise.

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

I havethe exact same problem. Everythings looks ok (topology etc) except events (alerts) from APM to OBM

Manually test with opcmsg works fine but through BPM alertings (generate events to send to OBM) does not work

Connected Server (APM) inside OBM seems ok.

Any suggestions on what to look for?

Thank you

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I have the same symptoms, opcmsg works but I get no events.
“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
― Albert Einstein
0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi,

Have you found any solution for this issue.

We have the same issue. any pointers will be greatly helpful.

Regards,

Siva Boppana

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi,

APM integration needs couple more steps

first question is  - have you performed this step ./opr-rest-ws-policy-configuration.sh -enable_auth -credentials -username admin 

second question - can you telnet from APM server to OBM on port 30005 (rest api port)

3rd question - what happens if you run : curl -k https://<obm server>:30005/bsmc/rest/events/OprEvent -u admin:<your password from the .sh script above>

it should return a result that includes "... up and running"

All my responses are based on personal experience with MicroFocus products. If you intend to use my replies in production environments - please get a second opinion from official sources. (Support, PS, etc.)
0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi potapchuk.,

Thanks for your reply ..For now the issue seems to be fixed.
It was ssl issue. certificates were not added properly.
However now event is forwarded from apm to obm costole but the affected ci
is shown as obm server not the actual business application CI
That we are checking now .. any clue will much appreciated. ( global ids
are same across Ucmdb, obm Rtsm and apm rtsm.

P.s - please ignore for any typos in the text. Sent from hand device.
0 Likes

if the global IDs are the same:

check you alert templates - do they send events with global or local IDs?

When you check the events - what do you see in the Resolving Hints?

All my responses are based on personal experience with MicroFocus products. If you intend to use my replies in production environments - please get a second opinion from official sources. (Support, PS, etc.)
0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Dear Potapchuk,

Alert templates has local ids . There is no attribute available for
selecting global Id .
Seems it’s a known issue in 10.3 and hotfix is available with support. (We
facing this issue in 10.5 also , not sure if that hostfix is not bundled
in new releases.)
Anyways we have selected entity name attribute for now so to have the right
related Ci .(as we are sure there are no duplicate values in business
application CI’s)

We will have to check with support for hotfix details.

Regards ,
Siva Boppana
0 Likes

I think I had to change the event defaults to global ID by adding the letter G to the default value and it worked for me in the past.

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Hi Siva,

Hope you are doing fine.

would you please tell me how to did the certificate exchange thing? certificate exchange sequence plus commands. i am facing the same ssl issue. really appreciate your support.

Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.