Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

APM OBM integration steps

Hi,

Hope you are doing fine.
we want to integrate APM with OBM. our purpose is to send data from APM to OBM. How we can do it what would be the best scenario. As we have two option RTSM - RTSM and via external UCMDB. which option should we choose? where we will create an integration point in APM, or in UCMDB or in OBM? while creating integration point in ucmdb do we have an APM pull adapter? and kindly tell us where should we install the data flow probe? kindly tell us the steps.

P.S i have all the guides but they are confusing me just tell me the simple steps.

Best Regards

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi @MikeAlpha 

You can proceed with below points :

1. Make a pull integration between APM-uCMDB to sync the topology.

2. Make the second integration between uCMDB-OBM to push all topology to OBM.

3. Create JMX based or REST policy based integration in OBM to forward the all alerts in OBM from APM.

You can refer below link which will help on the same.

https://docs.microfocus.com/OMi/10.70/OBM_Integrations_Guide/Content/Integrations.htm 

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

Regards,

Hitesh Kumar
0 Likes
Vice Admiral

Hi Hitesh,

Thank you so much really appreciate that.

1. Make a pull integration between APM-uCMDB to sync the topology.

There is just APM data push option in ucmdb while creating an integration point how i can pull data? do i need any other adapter for that?

Regards

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi @MikeAlpha 

Please read carefully the section Prepare the topology synchronization where clearly mentioned that you have to create integration in Population tab of integration manager and then :

Click New Integration Point or Edit, enter a name and description of your choice, and select the adapter: UCMDB 9.x

Enter the following information for the adapter: 

Hostname/IP: 

Port: < 80 or 443 depending on your protocol>

Protocol: 

Remote Machine State: Actual

Push Back Ids For Population: Enabled

Data Flow Probe: 

Specify the credentials for the user accessing the BSM system, and click Test Connection to see if you entered the correct information.

Click OK, then click the Save button above the list of the integration points.

Task 2 : Create Integration Job to pull CIs from BSM

Next, create an integration job that will pull the CIs from BSM based on the TQLs specified:

Select the Integration Point you created in Step 1. Click the Population tab on the right pane, and click Create New.

Click Add and go to Root > Integration > OMi_integration.

Choose the following five TQLs (running order does not matter for this integration):

• OMi_Sync_Biz
  • OMi_Sync_BPI
  • OMi_Sync_Diag_TV
  • OMi_Sync_SiS
  • OMi_Sync_SiS_EMS

Select the check box Allow Integration Job to delete removed data.

In the Scheduler Definition section, define the job schedule.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

Regards,

Hitesh Kumar
Vice Admiral

Thank you so much hitesh, really appreciate your help.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Mike,

APM-OBM integration requires topo sync, and Step 1 in the APM Connected Server is going to do that. The default topo sync is by OBM pulls topo from APM via DFP.

Since new APM versions the APM RTSM can also PUSH topo which is recommended if you have very large topo to sync, but for most cases the PULL is good enough.

Global ID should be synced for all the CIs APM sync into OBM. You can do it between APM and the external uCMDB directly or via OBM, it doesn't really matter.

Let me know if you need more info,

Asaf

0 Likes
Vice Admiral

Hi Asaf,

Thank you so much.

Actually we want to send APM data to UCMDB so we are going to use APM and the external uCMDB. so which data flow probe we should install and where? And how APM will send data to UCMDB? where we would create an integration point?

Regards

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

See my other replies to your queries, they should clarify.

Let me know if you still need more info.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.