ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Agent side on-demand monitoring check

Hello all,
 I have a special question. I’d like to ask you whether it is possible to run an “on request” check on monitored server which would “trigger” all the policies deployed there and report any alerts immdiatelly.
Thanks
Jan

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Commander
Commander

H i Jpupik, 

Could you please elaborate l little more on your questions?

If you want to checj on demand on the node side, you could use ovdeploy command againd the node to check policies.

Please share if that is the similar on demand feature you need.

0 Likes
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi, thanks for reply. I dont really want to check the policies themselves, but rather trigger checks defined within the policies.

For example, there is following list of policies deployed on a server:
1. File age check (every 20 mins)
2. Disk space check (every 30 mins)
3. Process check (every 10 mins)
I reboot the serever and I want to ensure all the above checks are ok. Can I "execute" all the deployed polices (checks) immediatelly or do I have to wait till the end of the check intervals to see there is no alert, meaning the server is fine?

Jan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.