Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.

Are the RUM 9.52 installer packages correct?

Are the RUM 9.52 installer packages correct?

We have problems installing RUM 9.52 (We downloaded the installer from the MicroFocus page today ), we believe that the installer does not have all the packages that are required for installation.

In a previous version that we had these packages appear:

HPRumDataBase1-9.23.010-Win5.2_64

HPRumDataBase1-9.23.010-Win5.2_64.msi

HPRumDataBase2-9.23.010-Win5.2_64

HPRumDataBase2-9.23.010-Win5.2_64.msi

Which are not in the new installer (RUM9.52), I attach evidence from the files of both installers

Is the installer incomplete?

or

Does the installer have the packages needed for installation '?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Israel_Ortega,

in general the RUM 9.52 installation bits work fine, at least I was able to install RUM Engine 9.52 with them,
the installation bits contain the same packages as shown in your screenshots:

21-01-2021 08-54-48.jpg

Regarding the "missing" packages:

check the RUM 9.52 release notes at

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Real_User_Monitor:9.52/ReleaseNotes
RUM Engine is certified to connect and work with external MySQL DB community version 5.7.26.

and

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Real_User_Monitor:9.52/InstallRumEngine
The RUM installation procedure installs the RUM Engine. You must install MySQL database separately .

Starting with RUM 9.52 we no longer ship MySQL as part of RUM Engine.
You need to download and install MySQL DB community version 5.7.26 on your own.

Check also the thread "APM RUM my SQL query" at
https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Operations-Bridge-User/APM-RUM-my-SQL-query/td-p/2851251

So
no, the installer is NOT incomplete
and
yes, the installer has the packages needed for installation
but you need to get hold of MySQL installation bits on your own.

Reagrding
> We have problems installing RUM 9.52
you might wanna share some details (issue, error messages, logfile)

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes

Hello Siggi Gladitsch

In general, it does not send errors, it only did not allow the connection to be made with the database, previously RUM installed the database in its installation process, but now (As you say), you have to install MySQL separately

We could already install RUM.

As a help I can tell you that, put in the MySQL base connection put in the authentication method as "Standard" With this, it has already allowed to make the connection

It seems to me that in the documentation it is necessary to put the database user profile.

Thank you very much for your help

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Israel,

thanks for your update.

In general, it does not send errors, it only did not allow the connection to be made with the database, previously RUM installed the database in its installation process, but now (As you say), you have to install MySQL separately
Exactly.

Regarding the connection parameters:
in the documentation
https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Real_User_Monitor:9.52/RumDBConPara
RUM Database Connection Parameters Page
we describe what needs to be provided to enable the RUM engine to connect to the MySQL database.
There is nothing about an authetication method, I don't understand what you mean with
put in the MySQL base connection put in the authentication method as "Standard" With this, it has already allowed to make the connection
It seems to me that in the documentation it is necessary to put the database user profile.
Is this during the MySQL installation itself?

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.