Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Are there recommendations for which subnet the OBR Database should be installed

Jump to solution

Hello,

My customer wants to install OBR 10.40 and integrate it with an OBM instance. Are there any restrictions or recommendations of the subnet of the OBR database that should be considered for the install? Is there any documentation that covers this topic?

Thanks,

Kia 

Labels (4)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Kia,

There is not 'official' documentation that I know about.

However, it would be wise to have the OBR Database (Vertica) on the same subnet as the OBR server.

There are actually 3 databases involved with an OBR installation.

• PostgreSQL - OBR Process DB
  • Vertica - Repository DB for reports
  • SQL Anywhere - SAP BO Command DB and used to store SAP BO information and authentication.

Depending on how you decide to deploy your environment will make a difference.

You can also configure Remote Collectors to collect information from other servers and then send it to OBR.

I would recommend that you use the sizing guide (included on doc portal) for OBR 10.40 to make sure that your environment has sufficient resources to function properly.

I would then recommend that however you deploy your environment, that you have your OBR and Vertica servers (if not the same) on the same subnet.

The main collection and processing of data is done by the OBR server and then placed in the Vertica DB.

The SAP BO application is used for authentication and reports.

Review the OBR 10.40 Product Documentation for more information.  It does include a section for General Recommendations and Best Practices within the Install Section.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Bridge_Reporter:10.40/Performance_Sizing/General_recommendation_Best_practices

I hope that this is helpful.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
Micro Focus SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Kia,

There is not 'official' documentation that I know about.

However, it would be wise to have the OBR Database (Vertica) on the same subnet as the OBR server.

There are actually 3 databases involved with an OBR installation.

• PostgreSQL - OBR Process DB
  • Vertica - Repository DB for reports
  • SQL Anywhere - SAP BO Command DB and used to store SAP BO information and authentication.

Depending on how you decide to deploy your environment will make a difference.

You can also configure Remote Collectors to collect information from other servers and then send it to OBR.

I would recommend that you use the sizing guide (included on doc portal) for OBR 10.40 to make sure that your environment has sufficient resources to function properly.

I would then recommend that however you deploy your environment, that you have your OBR and Vertica servers (if not the same) on the same subnet.

The main collection and processing of data is done by the OBR server and then placed in the Vertica DB.

The SAP BO application is used for authentication and reports.

Review the OBR 10.40 Product Documentation for more information.  It does include a section for General Recommendations and Best Practices within the Install Section.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Bridge_Reporter:10.40/Performance_Sizing/General_recommendation_Best_practices

I hope that this is helpful.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
Micro Focus SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Thank you!! We were thinking along these lines. Thanks for providing the genereal recommendation/best practices link
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.