Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

BAC 8.04 - Creating SLA - Action failed due to general error

Hi!

I would need an urgent help at customer site...

We have a BAC 8.04 single server deployment in Windows/MS-SQL 2005 environment.

We have Business Service CI's which are measured by SiteScope EMS DB Technology monitors. This part works well.

But, when I try to define SLA's for these CI's, the Creating Agreement Wizard ends with "Action failed due to general error" message. The SLA is created, but the CI structure setting by Fine Tunings is lost. If I try to modify it again, the result is the same.

According to the logs, the problem can be around the KPI assignments, i.e. the topaz_all.ejb.log and slm_bl_dal.ejb.log say:

2010-08-24 15:29:24,892 [TP-Processor3] (SaveServiceBasedSlaAction.java:148) ERROR - Failed to save Sla
com.mercury.am.bac.admin.slp.slm.bl.exceptions.FrameworkException: Failed to assign Kpis

What can be the problem?

Logs are attached.

Thanks,
Endre

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Endre,

Please try to define a "CI Based(legacy)" SLA based on the Business Service, and see if it does succeed

Amit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to create CI based SLA. The result wasn't the same but similar:

When I try to add the SYSTEM (or any other) KPI to the Business Service CI, I get the message: "Failed to store Kpi".

The topaz_all.ejb.log says:

2010-08-25 14:22:57,011 [TP-Processor2] (ItemsPageHandler.java:232) ERROR - ItemsPageHandler.execute() failed to update Sla items!

Thanks,
Endre

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Endre,

My advice: open a call to HP support to analyze the logs and the CMDB class model to find where and what the issue is.

Amit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Redeploying all MAM packages solved the problem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Jaise!

Try this:

1. open JMX console (http://:8080/jmx-console)
2. go to: service=MAM Packaging Services 3. locate java.lang.String deployPackages() and fill the followings:
- customerId =1
- dir = [leave empty]
- packageNames = [leave empty]
- overrideCustomChanges = True
4. click on Invoke button

Rgds,
Endre
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Dear Endre,

I am also facing the same issue on 8.03. Can you please explain me how to redeploy MAM package.

Thanks

Jaise
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Jaise!

Try this:

1. open JMX console (http://:8080/jmx-console)
2. go to: service=MAM Packaging Services 3. locate java.lang.String deployPackages() and fill the followings:
- customerId =1
- dir = [leave empty]
- packageNames = [leave empty]
- overrideCustomChanges = True
4. click on Invoke button

Rgds,
Endre
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks.

I ve done the same and it works.

Jaise
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.