Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

BAC HTTPS login

Jump to solution

In order to open an access to HP BAC, our security team demanded to enable HTTPS to the BAC login page.

I looked in the BAC documentation, and found the following procedure:

1. Enable SSL on the web server itself
  2. On the Business Availability Center Gateway, open <Business Availability Center installation dir>/AppServer/site.war/WEB-INF/web.xml. 
  3. 3 Set IsHTTPSForce attribute to "true". 
  4. 4 Restart the Business Availability Center Gateway.

Now, in step 2, I couldn't find a proper dir, it seems like a typo, and the file actually in /AppServer/WebApps/site.war/WEB-INF/web.xml

In step 3, I couldn't find the IsHTTPSForce parameter in the file at all.

And in overall, after creating the IIS SSL certificate, the BAC spider view became blue (No data update).

Did someone suceed enabling the HTTPS BAC login?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

If you're using BAC 8.06, definitely <Business Availability Center installation dir>/AppServer/site.war/WEB-INF/web.xml should exist.  Perhaps you're looking on the BAC Data Processing Server instead of the Gateway server?  It's definitely will not be present on the BAC DPS.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Please follow hardening guide..Also please check proper steps for IIS or apache you are using

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
Absent Member..

The steps I mentioned above are from the hardening guide.

Can you point out on the missing steps please?

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Can you please tell me where the SSL certificate is being generated and installed? Which document are you following for the SSL part?

Which web server you are using

Please find attched doc also for reference

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

The SSL part is done by our system admin.

We use a windows BAC installation with IIS 6

I followed page 75 in the attached document.

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

If you're using BAC 8.06, definitely <Business Availability Center installation dir>/AppServer/site.war/WEB-INF/web.xml should exist.  Perhaps you're looking on the BAC Data Processing Server instead of the Gateway server?  It's definitely will not be present on the BAC DPS.

View solution in original post

Absent Member..

Thank you, I understood my mistake here - we are using BAC 8.04, for which the procedure is different.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.