Commodore Commodore
Commodore

BPM new version - Lack of communication from Micro Focus

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I have seen no communication from Micro Focus about the release of the new BPM 9.51. Nothing on the blog, and nothing here on the forum.

Am i missing something? I have the feeling that since BSM/APM is property of Micro Focus, the communication behind those products, and especially BPM, is worst than ever.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi SylvainP31,

I'm not aware of a BPM version 9.51 (and I work for Micro Focus in Support!).

We released patches

BACBPM_00142 - BusinessProcessMonitor-LocalClient-9.50IP1
 https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/BACBPM_00142

BPM local client version 9.50 IP1.
 This is not a patch on top of BPM 9.50 and it is an interim solution created to support java applet.

and

BAC_00912 - application performance management (bac) 9.50 APM 9.50 IP1 for Windows/64 (en)
  https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/BAC_00912

A local client that can be used to launch EUM module of APM

If you have a BPM version 9.51, you are far ahead of me.

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

BPM 9.51 isavailable from the support download page (see screenshot).

I also add the release notes.

Siggi, do you want to add something?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi SylvainP31,

after checking with R&D yesterday it turned out that you were 100% correct:
in November 2018 we released a new version of BPM, 9.51,
as well as RUM 9.51 and Diagnostics 9.51.

We have decoupled the BPM, RUM, Diagnostics collector releases from the APM platform release,
I was not aware of this.

We will improve the communcation on this matter!

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello SylvainP31, 

Is this link still available? I do not see any link in regards to BPM 9.51 in the Patch section from support page. Could you help me locate if I am missing anything here? Thank you for your time.APM Patches.JPG

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi APM_User,

if you check the screenshot provided by SylvainP31 at ‎2018-12-05 15:30 you'll see that the new versions of BPM (9.51, 9.52) are NOT available as patch,
but you need to download them from the software portal as you would do with other software updates like APM or SiteScope.

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.