Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

BSM 9.20 : System Health Error

Hello,

I am getting an error when trying to add the remote connections to System Health in the

The error I get is:

There are servers for which remote configuration has failed.

Has any seen this error?

Does anyone know how to resolve this error?

Thanks.

Tex2020
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Are you familiar with SiteScope? If so, do regular troubleshooting steps for a remote server connection. HP Support knowledge base should contain lots of articles on this subject.

Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Dmitry,

The remote server connections in SiteScope are working fine for the windows servers I am trying to add to System Health.

But the problem is that the same servers I have in System Health fail the server connection (see attached).

We are using the same login/password that is used in the Remote Server area in SiteScope, which works.

I can not find anything related to this in the HP knowledgebase.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Tex2020
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

We had the same issue, opened a Case with HP.  The following is the workaround:

1) Do not fill in credentials at these screens, continue clicking Next until the wizard is complete

2) Open a browser, navigate to: http://<system health server>:18080

3) Click "SiteScope" in upper left hand corner

4) Click "Remote Servers" in bottom left corner

5) Create remote connections for all your BSM servers here

System Health will be working now.

Hope this helps.

This is a known bug to HP System Health 9.21, which I've encountered on the current revision as well. This has been reported to HP Software as a defect, and hopefully will be fixed in the next patch or revision, as the last "patch" was exactly the same except for a PDF User Guide?! 😉

Also, stay away from hard syncs on SH 9.21, unless you've done a full configuration backup via the SiteScope/SH Configuration Tool, and backing up via ZIP the entire SITESCOPE_HOME directory structure.

Best Regards,

~ Michael "OpenView Mike" Stollery
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.