Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..
1001 views

BSM 9.20 new installation not starting

Jump to solution

I've installed BSM 9.20 on a physical machine. After successful installtion and configuration, when I checked the status, it is stuck at "Running Pre-initialization tasks. Please wait..." in the JMX console. It is not starting the BSM processes and long stuck at this stage. See attachment. Kindly help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

 Fiiiiinalyyyy.... its working. What I did is:

 

1.  Check the certificates on the BSM using "ovcert -list" command. It was empty. No certificate and no trusted certificate.

2.  Generated a new trusted certificate using command: "ovcm -newcacert". This populated the trusted certificate.

3. Then checked the pending certificate requets using command "ovcm -lispending". It was showing some error related to 383 something like that.

4. Then manually generated the certificate file using command: "ovcm -issue -file <file_path> -node <bsm_fqdn> -pass <password>

5. Imported this certificate on the BSM server using command: "ovcert -importcert -file <file_path> -pass <password>

 

Disable-Enable the BSM. Wait for some time and there it goes... STARTED STARTED STARTED 😄

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
This can take a while. Be patient.

Otherwise, I would also apply the latest BSM patch, 9.24 before stating BSM.

Also, did you reboot the server itself after installation of BSM?

PatW
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Yes I did reboot the server, still after reboot it is stucked at this stage. I've attched the "nanny_all" file from location   C:\HPBSM\log\supervisor\

 

Please see if points to some issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please apply BAC_00843

and see if the problem still occurs.

 

The problem is that a specific (OMi) script can't be launched:

 

ERROR - Failed to execute script:C:\HPBSM\opr/bin/opr-activate-gwsv.bat
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

 Fiiiiinalyyyy.... its working. What I did is:

 

1.  Check the certificates on the BSM using "ovcert -list" command. It was empty. No certificate and no trusted certificate.

2.  Generated a new trusted certificate using command: "ovcm -newcacert". This populated the trusted certificate.

3. Then checked the pending certificate requets using command "ovcm -lispending". It was showing some error related to 383 something like that.

4. Then manually generated the certificate file using command: "ovcm -issue -file <file_path> -node <bsm_fqdn> -pass <password>

5. Imported this certificate on the BSM server using command: "ovcert -importcert -file <file_path> -pass <password>

 

Disable-Enable the BSM. Wait for some time and there it goes... STARTED STARTED STARTED 😄

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.