Commodore
Commodore

BSM 9.26 HA with two boxes

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

We 'd like upgrade our BSM environment, currently, we have BSM 9.26 (EUM and baseline)  distributed instllation (1GW and 1DPS)  but we dont have HA.

We'd like to upagrage it to HA, but we have restriction to add more boxes, therefore, I was thinking in what posibilities we have and which is the best one. Could you advise here ? 

1. Unistall and Install two singles installation. 1 BSM (GW +DPS) in each machine, joined by a LoadBalancer.

2. Install the missed component in every machine, DPS in gw box and GW in dps box.

I'm investigating these two options to have the minimal outage possible (system down). 

Regards

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

you need to configure the second and failover DPS.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

only option 1 is valid.

and yes, it can be done (not common deployment at all, but doable).

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hi Asaf, 

Thanks for the response.

It is a normal installation I guess, using same database and later, do we need to configure something? or the second one is automatically configured as backup server?

REgards

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

you need to configure the second and failover DPS.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Many thanks

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

you won't find this scenario in the guides, so i am not sure it's officially supported.

but it should work. check installation guide appendix for HA for DPS.

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hi Asaf,

Thanks for your help. I'd like to ask you something more, since we'd like to minize the outage, we're thinking in install the new instance in another path while the old one is running. I think this is not going to be a problem, but as we are going to use the same database, could cause it any problem if we configure new squemas in the new instance ?

I hope it's clear the question.

Regards

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

the question is not clear... you can install the new servers and connect to the DB, but how's that going to impact existing schemas?

i think you might want to look into Disaster Recovery (DR) procedure, which you will find in Installation guide.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.