(BSM) No data in SLM KPIs for new CIs created from BSM Connector policy
In short, I have recently upgraded BSM 9.24 to 9.26, and since then the CIs created from the BSM Connector are not fully recognized by BSM (especially in SLAs).
More detailled explanation: I set a policy in the BSM Connector which reads metrics from logs and uses a custom topology script to create new CIs into BSM's RTSM. This was working well in BSM 9.24 (topology script OK, CI hint OK, CI Resolver OK, RTSM OK, KPIs in SH and SLM OK, etc.).
Now on BSM 9.26, the following features work well:
- SAM Reports (like Cross-Performance) and Custom Query Builder see the metrics.
- New CIs are properly created in the RTSM.
- Service Health's KPIs (like in 360 view) are properly calculated.
But when I add a CI into a SLA and do a recalculation, the KPIs show no data, despite the fact that HI selector are properly set (eti_id OK, ci_id linked to the right CI in the RTSM, profile_name set to the right db, sample_type set to 'ss_t').
I made some investigations and here is what I know so far:
- In the profile database dedicated to the BSM Connector, the column CI_ID from table SM_DEF_MEASUREMENT is always NULL for those CI (but ETI_ID is fine)!
- In the local cache of the Connector (hsqldb), there are informations about the CI linked to the metrics, so the Connector seems to work perfectly.
- I have made hard-synchro with no result, I even created a new profile database with another BSM Connector for testing purposes, same behavior!
- Since the CIs are created in the RTSM, I suppose the CI Resolver is not in fault (the logs show confirm that).
- If I manually set the CI_ID in the SM_DEF_MEASUREMENT table, the KPI in the SLA is properly calculated.
I plan to open a case to support, but before I want to try the forum first. So my questions to experts are:
1) Who, between BSM and BSM Connector, is supposed to fill CI_ID and ETI_ID informations into the profile database?
2) Is this related to the "reconciliation" process? It's not clear to me of what is it exactly.
3) And finally: how can I fix this issue (how can the CI_ID column be filled again) ?
Thanks for your help!
1) for ss_t samples, the CI ID will be populated by BSM.
2) reconciliation happens for every CI created/updated in RTSM.
3) this requires more investigation to understand why. you should start by looking at WDE logs, especially cir_enrichment.log which responsilbe for adding CI ID to samples. you will probably see there messages that WDE couldnt find CI for some CI hint that includes monitor ID. then make sure if that monitor is in RTSM or not...