Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

(BSM) Support Tip: BSM 9.x RUM How to get Operating System and browser info

By default, detailed data about the operation system and browser does not appear in the Session Summary report. To get detailed data about the operating system or browser, define session properties with the names Operating System and Browser.

These session properties will then appear in the Active Filters drop down menu. For information about defining Session Properties, see Session Property Dialog Box in the APM Application Administration Guide.

You won't find such information on any  documentation from Microfocus as this is knowledge or information out of BSM/RUM.

However you can search on google where you can extract such information and find this:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=z8GyWqvvD9XajwOI3IT4Aw&q=where+to+find+operating+system+and+browser+on+HTTP+package&oq=where+to+find+operating+system+and+browser+on+HTTP+package&gs_l=psy-ab.3...994.12609.0.12695.59.30.0.2.2.0.1115.4313.2-1j3j1j1j1j1.8.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..49.9.3739.0..0i203k1j0i13i30k1j33i22i29i30k1j33i21k1j33i160k1.0.l7GMsdUXITA

Here you can find that Operating system and browser can be found on the "HTTP Header: UserAgent", now here also you can find that the user header comes in the request.

With this you know what to put in 3 fields:

Search in: HTTP Header
Scope: Request

Header Name: User-Agent

Now you can find more information regarding this header here:

https://developer.mozilla.org/es/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/User-Agent

So this is an

example of this header:

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

Now, on the "Extract Text" section is a little tricky because here you need to tell how to extract or what section to extract from this header to get the Operating System, and then to get the Browser, however we don't manage such information and don't provide any rule for that.

Regards,

JangSong Leung
MicroFocus Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.