Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

BVD install with Docker

Jump to solution

I would like to install BVD 10.63 (single server, no NFS cluster, ha, etc). From the installation instructions, I am completely overwhelmed.

My questions:

• Is there a step-by-step guide to do this? Like the OMi install guide (html generated just for my use case)? I just have the pdf install guide and this has so much cross references ....
  • What is the concept of this docker installation? Do I need to install the basic Docker Suite and in addition have a docker account? Isn't BVD integrated in the 2017 suite?. I am not sure if we have internet connection at the customer site.. 
  • What is the minimum requirement for this? Reason is that I want to install this at a customer environment (we are partner). The installation should be a small/single server with minium requirements. What size of Linux do I need (CPU/Diskspace).
  • I assume one linux machine is sufficient is it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

in the meantime I found the answers to my questions:

• There is no html generated html file. There is ony the pdf or the only html file from micro focus
  • BVD brings its own docker/kubernetes but there is still a need to download docker containers from docker hub.  We still have some customers which do not have internet access (therefore the bits can be downloaded from another host)
  • One linux machine is sufficient for installation of BVD (at least for PoC/Demo use cases)

Kind regards,
Harald Pfänder

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello @Harald

BVD and Dockers is supported by https://www.docker.com/hpe site, please contact them for more details about this third party application.

About the BVD User guide please check the following links:

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02987800

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02987804

On the BVD guides you can find the minimum BVD requirements.

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes

Hello Harald!

Was the information provided usefull? Let us know if you need anything else.

Regards, Silvia

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

in the meantime I found the answers to my questions:

• There is no html generated html file. There is ony the pdf or the only html file from micro focus
  • BVD brings its own docker/kubernetes but there is still a need to download docker containers from docker hub.  We still have some customers which do not have internet access (therefore the bits can be downloaded from another host)
  • One linux machine is sufficient for installation of BVD (at least for PoC/Demo use cases)

Kind regards,
Harald Pfänder

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Dear Daniela,

Is there any  document where i can found the step by step to install a BVD in docker 

We have 1 master and 3 worker and NFS. and also have the internet connection in master.

Is there any specfic documents to refer BVD with docker only.

Thanks

Nithyaraj.E 

Thanks& Regards
E.Nithyaraj.
If you can dream it, you can do it......
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.