UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

BVD installation (OBS)

Hello,

I've been trying to do a test installation of OBS to use BVD and the documentation says that I need to download ITOM CDF files for container based installation. However the link provided there sends me to a download page which says that I have insufficient access to said resource. Do I have to apply for a free trial fo CDF as well? If so, I could not find it under products page.

Another question would be is there any chance that I could install BVD without any container deployment (as in zip-like download and install)?

I currently have trial edition of OBS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

if i remeber right you need to ask one time for access to download cdf stuff. then you can download all cdf releases. so better open a support case and ask them. i dont remeber who to email to get access. or double check documentation for this.

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Thank you for the reply.

I have previously tried;

-Contacting support, they said since I have a trial account I should use Community Hub for my questions.

-Referring documentations, which did not help. Some of the download links there led me to 404 pages and overall not very helpful with this specific case.

-Filled out support forms, again, no responses so far.

There is an email adress for the docker repo access but that requires a SAID, which I do not have since this is a trial account.

Is there an another way of communication with the sales or support team? I tried calling but all of the agents seems to be occupied.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.