Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

CAUTION: couldn't convert original string to UTF8

Dears,

I am monitoring several log files generated from an application with the extension ".log.bin" however, on each interval of the policy it is giving the output:

CAUTION: couldn't convert original string to UTF8

how can we solve this. the HP Support last time they said that the application needs to convert those files into .txt form in order to OM Agent read the content. our OM Agent is version 11.14.

Please advise.

thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
17 Replies
Captain
Captain

Hi,

I think you may need to check with the application team or your OS admin for assistance.

Thanks and Regards,

Jindong

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Dear,

I am checking with the OS admin what characterset these logfiles are.

on the other hand, I opt the solution nb2 that you provided and i restarted the OM Agent and I didnt get the error message. how can i check if the OM Agent after such modification is now able to read the log files and check the content? is there any log file or something to do to see if OM Agent was able to open those log files?

thank you

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Hi,

You can check the System.txt file for any error.   and you can check the contents of the logfile and add a condition into the logfile policy that would match the entries in the logfile. then check if you can receive messages from the policy.

Best Regards,

Jindong

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Absent Member..

Dears,

I added the policy to send a Normal message but it is not working. neither in System.txt there is no errors writen inside.

I guess there is no solution for such error !!

regards,

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Dears,

we tried this solution and the agent cannot open the file to read and match its content.

regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.