Admiral
Admiral

CDF installation - how should I configure user ID in config.json?

I have most of my checklist items complete, and ready to install the base CDF for 2020.08.  I'm creating the config.json file which includes user ID/password to be used on subsequent Master and Worker nodes after the install has completed the first Master.  I can't tell from the docs/examples if our ssh/sudo configuration is covered.

I log into the base Linux servers with my personal ID, then I typically use sudo su - to become root and do any configuration tasks.  I am planning to run the CDF installation as root using this method.

I understand that at some point in the install, the script is going to try and connect to the other Master/Worker nodes and kick off the equivalent install steps.  Our environment doesn't allow direct ssh as root, so the script would have to ssh as my personal ID, then su to root to run the install on the other nodes.  Is this what is expected, and if so, am I putting my personal ID/password in the config.json file, or the root credentials?

Thanks,
Aaron

Tags (3)
0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.