Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

CI Resolver - Resolution matching ambiguous CIs (Cluster)

Hello,

I'm using measurement threshold to cluster monitor and I have 2 cluster that have the same resource group name.

ambiguous.PNG

But when a event arrives from each cluster, the resource group cannot be resolved and them the event is showing directly in node and not in the cluster.

ambiguous2.PNGCould someone help me?

I checked the cluster properties but I don't know how to use more attributes that identifies that this resource group belongs to that cluster.

For example:

Cluster Resource Group properties:

ambiguous3.PNG

Cluster Properties:

ambiguous4.PNG

Is there a way to use the attribute NodeKey in the cluster resource group to resolve the ambiguous problem?

Regards,

Diego Pereira

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Diego,

When sending a related CI hint you need to make sure that you put as lees as possible hints in it but making sure that the hints point to a unique CI in RTSM. As you probably know hosted on can/is also used a hint using the @@ before the host. So what you need to do is inspect the two possible candidates and use in the hint a CI attribute that is not the same on both Cis or if the Cis are hosted on different servers use that in the hint. In case there is not a unique attribute that you can use maybe adding custom attribute for the Cis would be helpful.

The node key you point is just an attribute on the CI so I don’t see a reason not to use it as a hint.

Regards,

Rosen

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Rosen,

I understand that I need to use @@host is a good HINT, but When I apply the aspec Cluster Discovery, it not discovery the relation between the node cluster that I have agent installed with the cluster, So I can't use @@ because I want to event be forward to the Cluster Resource Group CI and not to the node.

the problem is that some Resource Groups have the same name because they are a Disaster Recover servers, so they have the same Resource group name and this is causing the ambiguous problem.

do you have an idea how to pass a Hint to be sure that will not show ambiguous and will be forward to the resource group CI?

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.