Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can SiteScope monitor Apple Minis?

Dear Experts,

We are currently using SIteScope 11.23 installed on RHEL.

I do not have much experience with Apple Minis but does SiteScope monitor Apple Minis the same way it monitors linux servers?

If not then can someone please explain if SiteScope can monitor Apple Minis?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

@RYU123 wrote:

Dear Experts,

We are currently using SIteScope 11.23 installed on RHEL.

I do not have much experience with Apple Minis but does SiteScope monitor Apple Minis the same way it monitors linux servers?

If not then can someone please explain if SiteScope can monitor Apple Minis?

Thanks,

Dear RYU123,

SiteScope can monitor apple mini via ssh.

You can enable ssh server in osx system settings.

i'm not sure all unix defult monitor works, maybe you should define some script monitor in order to collect all the metrics.

Have a nice day,

Paolo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Connection via SSH can definetively work, but there is no template OS adapter for "Apple Minis". You may customize a copy of the generic Linux one or use maybe MACOSX as base?

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the responses.

I do see a MacOSX template in SiteScope.

Do you think this may be the template needed to monitor mac minis?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have another question.

When I change the templates.os config files to input a new command, do I need to restart the SiteScope service?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

@RYU123 wrote:

I have another question.

When I change the templates.os config files to input a new command, do I need to restart the SiteScope service?

Yes.

I'm not an expert on Apple, maybe an online search will show if Apple Minis is similar to MACOSX

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.