Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot reinstall agent on Windows2008 R2 client

Jump to solution

Hello -

I'm trying to reinstall the Operations Agent (11.12) on a Windows 2008R2 server. A number of the directories in the Install location had been deleted, and I felt it would be best to remove and redeploy the agent.

However, even after using the oacleanall_Windows_X64.vbs script to wipe out all traces of the old agent install, the oainstall.vbs script insists that it's still finding the old installation.

After running the prerequisite check, the oainstall.vbs script reports:

INFO: Installing the component HPSharedComp ...
INFO: Found the packages to be of the version HPSharedComp(11.11.025)
INFO: Found HPSharedComp(11.11.25) installed. Skipping installation...
INFO: Installing the component HPOvPerlA ...
INFO: Found the packages to be of the version HPOvPerlA(05.08.096)
INFO: Installing the component HPOpsAgt ...
INFO: Found the packages to be of the version HPOpsAgt(11.11.025)
INFO: Found HPOpsAgt(11.11.25) installed. Skipping installation...
=============================================================================
        HP Operations agent configuration started at Thu Aug 08 14:43:48 2013
=============================================================================
ERROR: Cannot find the product bundle {OVO-Agent.xml }in the installed location.
C:/Program Files/HP/HP BTO Software/newconfig/installation/inventory/OVO-Agent.xml
INFO: Check if the product is installed on the node.
ERROR: Product configuration cannot continue. Exiting the current configuration...
ERROR: HP Operations agent install operation completed with errors...
INFO: Changes made in system environment variables will be effective in new shell

How do I get the Install script to perform a complete reinstall?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Captain
Captain

Hi,

Did you tried to reboot the server after running oacleanall? and please check if the "HP Operation-agents" or other agent packages are availabe in windows  Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs).

Best Regards,

Jindong

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

The names of the OA components on Windows have changed over time.

Especially the ones that appear to be not removed from your node were newly introduced with a recent release (not sure if it was 11.10 or 11.11).

Did you use the latest cleanup script (the one from the 11.12 patch or media)?

If not, that would probably be the next step to try.

Br,

Thierry.

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Rotax -

I think I had actually used the script for OA 11.11. However rerunning the oacleanall script for 11.12 gave the same result - it appears to have cleaned up all traces of the agent, but the oainstall script still finds the HPSharedComp and HPOvPerlA packages and the installation aborts.
0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Hi,

Did you tried to reboot the server after running oacleanall? and please check if the "HP Operation-agents" or other agent packages are availabe in windows  Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs).

Best Regards,

Jindong

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm having the same problem after a reboot as without a reboot.

The installation script still finds the HPSharedComp, HPOvPerlA, and HPOpsAgt packages, so installation fails.

Any suggestions of what else to try?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I should add that there are no HP pieces of software listed in "Add/Remove programs"

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Many thanks to Jindong and Thierry --

After rerunning the oacleanall scripts several times (using 11.12, 11.11, and 11.0 versions), I realized that there had to be some references to the old packages in the registry. I went through the registry and deleted installer keys for each of the packages, and basically sanitized the registry of old references to HPOpsShared, HPOVPerl and HPOpsAgt.

So thanks for the help on the solution, you both spurred me in the right direction.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.