Commodore Commodore

Certificate error Primmgr 8.60.501 Agent from OMW 8.16 -> OMW 9

I'm trying to move agents from the old OMW 8.x server to OMW 9.

It looks like I'm running into some issue with certificates here.


I did the following to prep


1) Imported certificates from OMW9 -> OMW 8.x

2) Created MessageForwarding Config template and deployed to 8.60.501 agents

3) Updated all agents with ovcert -updatedtrusted. Confirmed the agents show a trusted certificate from each mgmt server

4) Performed an ovpmutil cfg dnl nds and ppn and uploaded in OMW 9

5) Perform a primmgr from the new OMW9 server to the node.


Now the agent is buffering to the new OMW9 server

I tried bbcutil -ping <node> from the OMW9 server and I'm getting


<node> : (bbc-289) status=eSSLError time=629 ms


This seems to indicate a certificate issue. Not sure where else I would need to update the certificate info

The node has both mgmt server certificates


Any ideas where the certs are getting tangled up?


Tags (1)
2 Replies

Does "opcragt -status <node>" from OMW9 give any further specific details on the error?

Commodore Commodore

Found the issue with the help from support.

It looks like I was missing a certificate along the way.

I had imported the certificate with the -OVRG flag but I didn't run ovcert -updatetrusted after the import on the mgmt server.



The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.