UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.

Change IP address and FQDN of OBM 2020.05

Jump to solution

Hello,

have you ever changed IP address and FQDN of server running running both GW and DP? Description of the procedure in the manuals (using opr-change-hostname.sh/bat) is rather limited.
Do you know if we need to regenerate and install self-signed certificates manually or it is done by script ?
How about licenses? As far as I remember OBM licenses bound to IP address of FQDN and we have to regenerate licenses as well?

thank you in advance
Gedas

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I did this once.

There is no impact on the certificates of teh OA Agents as i remeber.

And OBM licenses are not IP bound. if you check the ALA you will find that you can use thei slicenses on up to 5 (i think) OBM installations for e.g. testing. but please verify this. In the license portal you need to give an IP but the license for OBM you donwload is not Node locked. Thats for sure

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I did this once.

There is no impact on the certificates of teh OA Agents as i remeber.

And OBM licenses are not IP bound. if you check the ALA you will find that you can use thei slicenses on up to 5 (i think) OBM installations for e.g. testing. but please verify this. In the license portal you need to give an IP but the license for OBM you donwload is not Node locked. Thats for sure

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.