Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Change IPs on OVOU 7.x MC/SG cluster?

Jump to solution
Hi,

We are moving our OVO/UX 7.24 MC/SG management servers to another location so we need to change the IP addresses.

Can this be done? I checked the documentation and it looks like it is not supported. Has anyone done this before?

10 points to any answer.
Thank you
-Gino
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Gino,

This probably can be done, but OMU 7 is way out of support at this point - you won't receive any (official) help on this if things go wrong.

How about migrating to an OMU 8.3 instance on the new location? Might be cleaner, and leaves you supported.
I do "Windows"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Gino,

This probably can be done, but OMU 7 is way out of support at this point - you won't receive any (official) help on this if things go wrong.

How about migrating to an OMU 8.3 instance on the new location? Might be cleaner, and leaves you supported.
I do "Windows"

View solution in original post

Absent Member.
Absent Member.
The steps to follow to change the IP address are outlined in the

HP OpenView VantagePoint Operations
for UNIX Administratorâ s Reference
Volume I
Edition 6

Chapter 11 - Maintaining VPO

Do you have this manual?

I'll try to attach the 15 pages of the manual
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Thanks Drew and Bill for your feedback.
Does anyone know if this has been done before?

Drew:
Yes, upgrading to OMU8 would be better but since we're on a strict deadline this is not an option.

Bill:
Yes, the manual states that this can be done but HP issued a bulletin saying that this is incorrect.

Title: [RN] Changing mgmt svr host/IPadd in MC/SG is not supported
Document ID: KM138086
Product: Operations Manager for UNIX
Version: 7.0
Updated: 2007-Mar-28
Severity: Serious
Classification: Known Problem
In plan: Yes
Submitted: 2005-Dec-21

Question: Is it possible to change OVOU 7 into a non-clustered management server?

10 points to any answer.
Thanks again
-Gino
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi

I had a similer request from a customer in the past to do this tasks.

you are correct , it is not Supported to change the IP Address of OVO/u 7.X in MC/SG env.

after checking this issue we decide to move to OMU 8.X

if you are using DCE Agents it is very simple to move to OMU 8.X ( it took me 4 days to compelete this task)

with OMU 8.X all the install part of installing OVO on Cluster env. was change to deal with this kind of issues.

with OVO/U 7.X you need to build yourself the Cluster and Package and compile the cluster with the new info.

i will not take a change in a Production env. to do this task because it will be very hard to switch it back if it failed.

if you want to save some time , you can build a new OVO/U 7.X , upload the old OVO Configuration , do a MOM Configuration and then tell the agents with opcragt

in overall i will recommend you to move to OMU 8.X

Question: Is it possible to change OVOU 7 into a non-clustered management server?

if you are moving a new server yes , but not on the same server.

Thanks

Eran
love computers
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.