Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Admiral
Admiral

Config Import Issue

Jump to solution

Hi Guys

I am performing some test for this i am trying to export the sitescope config to Test Env , I tried with the Configuration tool(with Sitescope Service Stopped) it gives me an error (attached)as attachement1 

Hence i manually tried to copy all the below directories onto the Test Env (by stopping the SiteScope Service)

•         groups
•         persistency
•         cache
•         scripts
•         scripts.remote
•         htdocs
•         All templates folders,  for example templates.applications, templates.health.

Later modifying the Master.config file  for these values to _adminURL= , _webserver=  new SiteScope Server details

After Copying these File i start the SiteScope Service i am able to Login using the User Login, which confirm USers have been imported) , I get the Java Loading Screen and later get this Error  which i have attached  as attachement2

Kindly Assist

Regards

Bilal Aman

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class
Hi Aman,

Also in Windows 2008 there's a weird permissions issue. Even when you are logged as administrator you need to go to SiteScope/bin and "run as administrator" the file config_tool.bat to make it work.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Aman,

If u trying to export the sitescope configuration files , no need to stop the services of sitscope. Please ensure that you login into the windows system with the user who have the rights of sitescope services(please check the properties of sitescope services ) and all user shoule not be login. if possible then disable all the monitors and then try.

and for second error ,please give the error and server_statistics log of that day.and master.config also.

Regards,

Sumit Kumar

Mark as solution , if works for you.
Regards,
Sumit Kumar
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class
Hi Aman,

Also in Windows 2008 there's a weird permissions issue. Even when you are logged as administrator you need to go to SiteScope/bin and "run as administrator" the file config_tool.bat to make it work.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Hi Kenneth

Thanks it worked fine after i run the config tool as adminitrator . Now ia am able to login I get the Dashbaord Initializing screen and then i get this error

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Bilal,

Please try rebooting the server, it should take away the error.

Regards,

Maria.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class
Hi Aman,

That's a Java cache issue. Close all browsers and try to clean Java cache following these steps:

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Aman,

Hope you are good,

as per Kenneth said , your problem must be resloved. And for further use of sitescope install latest google chorme and latest java software.

Sumit Kumar

Mark as solution , if works for you.
Regards,
Sumit Kumar
0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Hi Guys

I had already deleted the Cache from Java console , Rebooted the Server , Fianlly  after unistallaing and Resintalling SiteScope and then Importing the Configuration by running as an Administarator Resolved the Problem

Tahnsk for all the Support Guys

Regards

Bilal Aman

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.