Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Configuring JMX monitors for OBM Monitoring

Hello,

I'm attempting to create JMX monitors in SiteScope to mimic the SH Internal monitors created by System Health. I've been trying to determine the requirements that are needed in order to get the jmx monitor to work and pull data from the rmi protocol. Has anyone attempted this for Sis 2018.11 and OBM 2018.11 or later versions (both)? I've been looking at the Port Usage documentation for OBM and I'm also attempting to figure out the correct JMX URLs to try. Does anyone have any suggestions?

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Bridge_Manager:2018.11/OMi/AdminGuide/IntroAndMisc/port_manage

The parameters used for the JMX URL state something like: service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://<hostname>:29601/jmxrmi

Is this still applicable?

Thank you,

Kia

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I did. Thank you for responding. I have come across information that states using the URL Sequence Monitor can be used to pull data from the JMX Console. Thank you for checking.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.