Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Configuring SiteScope 11.20 for Failover - Basic Question

Jump to solution

OK - this is a really basic question.

I'm currently standing up a brand new install for SiteScope 11.20 in the test environment (Wintel servers, if it matters). This is the first time I've stood it up from scratch, rather than just doing an upgrade, and I don't really have anybody to fall back on with Q's.

I am attempting to stand it up using Classic failover. I installed SiteScope on the primary as "HP Sitescope." I installed on the second server as "HP SiteScope Failover" (NOT "Failover Manager").

In the "HP SiteScope - SiteScope Failover Guide"for 11.20, on p. 39, under "Configure LW-SSO for the Authentication Strategy," it says:

Configure LW-SSO for the Authentication Strategy

SiteScope Failover and primary SiteScope must be configured with the same LW-SSO passphrase.

To transfer the passphrase defined in primary SiteScope as follows:

1. Access the primary SiteScope user interface.
  2. Select Preferences context > General Preferences > LW SSO Settings.
  3. Write down or copy the text from the Communication security passphrase field.
  4. Access the SiteScope Failover user interface.
  5. Navigate to Preferences context > General Preferences > LW SSO Settings.
  6. Paste or enter the communication security passphrase.

---

...I fail in step 2: No "LW SSO Settings" on my primary, but there is one on my secondary. Obviously I'm doing something wrong...am I missing a config setting when I'm setting up the primary server? I've un/reinstalled multiple times without finding anything, but that's what it's got to be.

Help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

OK...had a V-8 moment and figured it out.

While I was waiting for the failover server to install, I went ahead and set up LDAP authentication on the primary, then logged into my Super User account, which apparently doesn't have visibility into those settings. I was able to successfully find everything and configure it once I thought to login to the primary with my admin account.

Yes - I did this multiple times. As my wife occasionally points out, my name does start with the syllable "Duh!"

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Absent Member..

OK...had a V-8 moment and figured it out.

While I was waiting for the failover server to install, I went ahead and set up LDAP authentication on the primary, then logged into my Super User account, which apparently doesn't have visibility into those settings. I was able to successfully find everything and configure it once I thought to login to the primary with my admin account.

Yes - I did this multiple times. As my wife occasionally points out, my name does start with the syllable "Duh!"

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Absent Member..
Thanks for the follow-up, drenze. I'm glad you got it worked out.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.