Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ContentPack Import fails

Hello,

we are using OMi 10.61 and have exported an OMi Content Pack. When I import it into another OMi (10.61 or 10.62) I get the following error:

Internal server error. Details: could not update: [com.hp.opr.config.Instrumentation#0379a44d-d710-4059-b4d5-7401050898cb]; SQL [update CFG_INSTRUMENTATION set CONTENT=?, CHKSUM=?, DATE_UPDATED=?, DESCRIPTION=?, DIRNAME=?, VERSION=?, LABEL=?, IS_STUB=? where ID=?]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not update: [com.hp.opr.config.Instrumentation#0379a44d-d710-4059-b4d5-7401050898cb].

The Id 0379a44d-d710-4059-b4d5-7401050898cb is the Cluster_Infrastructure.

Any advise how to fix this?

Kind regards,
Harald

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Harald,

Just based on "SQLGrammarException" is it possible that the content pack was created/exported from an OMi server with a different DB type from the one that you tried to import to?  Of course it should work across DB types, but I have seen in the past a situation where a policy template had what was a valid setting but didn't translate successfully via content pack across from PostgreSQL to SQL Server.  In that case, a policy parameter had a min value but no max value, so I entered a max value to avoid the null field which was stored in the content pack as "NaN" which was not a numeric so could not be inserted to the table in SQL Server at content pack import time).

CP.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello Carol,

thanks for your reply. The ID which has the problem is a "Instrumentation". Do you also have a proposal how to fix this?

Kind regards,
Harald Pfänder

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I don't have other ideas - was just sharing that one situation involved working with content across OMi servers that each had different vendor database types.  Where the vendor db type was the same in both OMi servers, there was no problem.

CP.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.